Lead Frame Recall 06-14-2024

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gumby

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had the reprogramming recall done in 2020 on a 2011. It still went out in 2022.
To be clear..... This is programing. This will not stop the failure of the lead frame. but will control the reaction the truck, if the lead frame fails..... This is the way @FordTechOne has explained it I believe.

So the guy that had the "2014 downshift crash" his truck...... I guess we all owe him an apology? Or even possibly a thank you.... might have been his law team that found the problem. Of corse that is speculation. LOL

Last edited:

Nesc204

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no recall on my 11 hmmm
I just had mine replaced as it failed on me on my 2011. Replaced with updated part number. 200 dollar part but after all done with installation and flushing total price was 1,100 bucks. My truck has 189k miles on it

Justbob

Reaction score
Thanks @wjoutlaw I don’t think I would have ever gotten a letter and as a 2014 owner, was not eligible for the first recall. I do have a separate question for the group. I have been strongly thinking of doing the TOD transfer case swap. Is the “update” for the downshift actually on the PCM or the TCU (which is a needed swap for the TOD to work. Maybe @FordTechOne could answer ?

FordTechOne

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks @wjoutlaw I don’t think I would have ever gotten a letter and as a 2014 owner, was not eligible for the first recall. I do have a separate question for the group. I have been strongly thinking of doing the TOD transfer case swap. Is the “update” for the downshift actually on the PCM or the TCU (which is a needed swap for the TOD to work. Maybe @FordTechOne could answer ?
PCM. In the other thread they found that they could not get a Hi-Lock TOD to function on a Gen 1.