Lead Frame Recall 06-14-2024

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rschap1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I checked my '11.
No recall but showed extended campaign for the lead frame.
Was hoping there might be one for the HVAC actuator since I need to fix one of those myself.

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Removed the CAI and put the stock tune back on the RaptoR in anticipation of the dealer visit. Going through the idle relearn process as I type this then a few drive cycles and it will be good to go.

dj30417

CRZYCHK
Reaction score
Mine did the whole thing where you lose your dash gauge readings and the transmission only uses 3rd-5th gears. I was on the interstate in the middle of the night between Charleston and Charlotte or Charlotte and Greensboro. I pulled over, shut down and restarted, seemed fine but within a few miles it happened again. Second time, I exited, shut down and restarted but the problem persisted. I immediately got on here and put out a desperate request for help. @The Car Stereo Company came to my rescue, saying what the problem was and what needed to be done to repair it. Thankfully these trucks are true beasts, even in limp mode, and I was able to continue to my destination and find a shop. At the time, I couldn’t afford to be without Miss Big Booty for very long. I found a shop, but I had mine done during the time when the lead frame by itself was not in stock but could be gotten with the valve body. About $1400 total parts and labor. That shop was great and had me back in business quickly. Exactly one year to the day, she was in a different shop having something else done, and I requested this shop take a close look and do anything they saw that would be a problem in the future. This time that included the transmission mount, I have the old one and yes it was needed. The mechanic somehow managed to break the plastic tab holder on the lead frame. Accidents happen and how they are handled makes a huge impact on customers and future business. He could have glued it back together and I would never have known. But he didn’t, he ate the cost of the repair. This is my current shop, the same guy that did my rocker panel replacement earlier this year. If you need a transmission shop in the Greensboro/Winston-Salem area or a general shop in NE GA, DM me and I will send you the info. But don’t ask my shop to do your rocker panel replacement because he said that was a one and done deal.

OP
OP
wjoutlaw

wjoutlaw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have to make an appointment to get mine reprogrammed. I figure it hasn't happened in 10 years, it'll be good for at least a couple more weeks. I forgot to have the transfer case fluid drained and filled when I went in to fix the HVAC blower motor and actuator door fixed and for the front/rear brakes replaced and the front/rear differential fluid drained and filled. I figure since they're gonna have the truck in the shop for that, then I'll set up the appointment to do both. I can go across the street and have a good meal while they get dirty.

dj30417

CRZYCHK
Reaction score
I have to make an appointment to get mine reprogrammed. I figure it hasn't happened in 10 years, it'll be good for at least a couple more weeks. I forgot to have the transfer case fluid drained and filled when I went in to fix the HVAC blower motor and actuator door fixed and for the front/rear brakes replaced and the front/rear differential fluid drained and filled. I figure since they're gonna have the truck in the shop for that, then I'll set up the appointment to do both. I can go across the street and have a good meal while they get dirty.
I had the reprogramming recall done in 2020 on a 2011. It still went out in 2022.

03Cobraraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I’m a 2013 under the campaign as well
129,000 miles
I thought this is old news and times out at 10 years 120,000 miles…