Lead Frame Recall 06-14-2024

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, makes no sense, my 2011 did NOT have a recall for the lead frame, it was only a CSP and with the age/mileage limitations I was unable to get coverage when I experienced the lead frame problem (transmission went all wonky on me). Not happy at all about having to pay out of pocket for that problem to be repaired.
The recall letter states that if you paid out of pocket for a molded leadframe and the DTC codes are in the PCM it is possible to be reimbersed. My RaptoR is at the local ford dealership having the recall performed as I type this.

Reaction score
The recall letter states that if you paid out of pocket for a molded leadframe and the DTC codes are in the PCM it is possible to be reimbersed. My RaptoR is at the local ford dealership having the recall performed as I type this.
Understood, however it was never a recall on the 2011, it was only a CSP.

Whoops

Reaction score
Took mine to the dealer today, round two. I provided them with the 800# for Roush as instructed by Roush. A couple hours later they called and said they couldn't/wouldn't do it. Apparently they recently did something similar on a Mustang and it effed it up, said that car still isn't right. So, at this point I'm not flashing it. Gonna call JDM next week and see what they have to say

Jhollowell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2011, no recall but i do have the CSP 19N01. I called one dealer but they can't get me in until Aug 20, so i called another one and they said they can't do the work unless i have a check engine light or the wrench light. Anyone have any success with the CSP and getting the work done? Is there a way to check the codes or see if its been updated or verify the truck won't down shift to 1st at 60mph?

Irregular F150

its terrain good sir!
Reaction score
I have a 2011, no recall but i do have the CSP 19N01. I called one dealer but they can't get me in until Aug 20, so i called another one and they said they can't do the work unless i have a check engine light or the wrench light. Anyone have any success with the CSP and getting the work done? Is there a way to check the codes or see if its been updated or verify the truck won't down shift to 1st at 60mph?

Idk im in the same situation. Just a csp, and following this thread.

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have to be honest, the Roush Tune is garbage.
Do some research on here everyone who switch to the JDM Tune absolutely loves it. Shifting and HP gains are huge upgrades.
And you will have your own Tune on a SCT Handheld device to do with whatever you want.
Plus, the JDM Tune has the tranny update built into the Tune already.

If you're going to stay with the Roush Tune, try and find a Ford certified Roush dealer/installer.
Hey there....figured since you also have a 'Whipple",I'd quote and ask you....
Got the recall for my 2014....which was converted to a Shelby at Shelby in NV. after purchased from Ford Dealer....I'm 2nd owner....Called to make appt. at local Ford dealer,asked if a "Whippled" Raptor was included...YES...bring it in....Got there and again asked....so,being a Shelby with SC is OK....yeah,but will ask our "service tech"...LOL..comes back out 10 minutes later and asks if it was done at dealer or did I do the SC....told him Shelby did it.....OK...cool...we will get on it....15 minutes later,"well our tech said by doing the reprogramming,it would cause more problems that it would fix,so he said dont worry and just do regular upkeep on truck.....
GET HOME and there is an email from the "advisor"..... "You should have it done at a local Shelby authorized dealer"...
WTF....closest one is in CA. and I'm in Wa..!
SO...sorry to be long winded.....anyone reading this have any suggestions....have 70K on it and never had any problems,BUT...also dont want any....SUGGESTIONS?
THANKS GUYS..!!!

Gumby

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey there....figured since you also have a 'Whipple",I'd quote and ask you....
Got the recall for my 2014....which was converted to a Shelby at Shelby in NV. after purchased from Ford Dealer....I'm 2nd owner....Called to make appt. at local Ford dealer,asked if a "Whippled" Raptor was included...YES...bring it in....Got there and again asked....so,being a Shelby with SC is OK....yeah,but will ask our "service tech"...LOL..comes back out 10 minutes later and asks if it was done at dealer or did I do the SC....told him Shelby did it.....OK...cool...we will get on it....15 minutes later,"well our tech said by doing the reprogramming,it would cause more problems that it would fix,so he said dont worry and just do regular upkeep on truck.....
GET HOME and there is an email from the "advisor"..... "You should have it done at a local Shelby authorized dealer"...
WTF....closest one is in CA. and I'm in Wa..!
SO...sorry to be long winded.....anyone reading this have any suggestions....have 70K on it and never had any problems,BUT...also dont want any....SUGGESTIONS?
THANKS GUYS..!!!
so I am still trying to find someone to do this recall... that is not 2 hours away and wants to keep the truck for 2 weeks. so far I am not having any luck with the local guys but loosing confidence that any of them can do the work correctly.

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so I am still trying to find someone to do this recall... that is not 2 hours away and wants to keep the truck for 2 weeks. so far I am not having any luck with the local guys but loosing confidence that any of them can do the work correctly.
Yep...figured its just going to be nothing but drama,endless emails and phone calls....but guess I'll give Shelby a call...Personally I'd feel safer just leaving it alone rather than bring to local guys.....I had to laugh when I got the email from Ford dealer an hour after leaving to bring to Shelby...kind of figure they are just covering their butts in case it does happen.."Well we told him to bring to Shelby"..... BS as far as I'm concerned...FORD sells SHELBY & ROUSH RAPTORS....why cant Ford Dealership fix a recall..!

Last edited:

FordTechOne

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep...figured its just going to be nothing but drama,endless emails and phone calls....but guess I'll give Shelby a call...Personally I'd feel safer just leaving it alone rather than bring to local guys.....I had to laugh when I got the email from Ford dealer an hour after leaving to bring to Shelby...kind of figure they are just covering their butts in case it does happen.."Well we told him to bring to Shelby"..... BS as far as I'm concerned...FORD sells SHELBY & ROUSH RAPTORS....why cant Ford Dealership fix a recall..!
Ford does not sell Shelby or Roush Raptors. Those are both entirely aftermarket packages. In the case of Shelby, they’re modified by Tuscany out of Indiana.

That’s why the recall won’t work, manufacturers are not responsible for vehicles that have been modified. Your best bet is to contact Shelby and see if they can send you a revised calibration that includes the updates implemented in the recall

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford does not sell Shelby or Roush Raptors. Those are both entirely aftermarket packages. In the case of Shelby, they’re modified by Tuscany out of Indiana.

That’s why the recall won’t work, manufacturers are not responsible for vehicles that have been modified. Your best bet is to contact Shelby and see if they can send you a revised calibration that includes the updates implemented in the recall
THANKS for the info...kind of figured being modified would be the issue,just pissed they didnt tell me over the phone...dont like traveling 1 hr each way and waste a day to only hear what I figured....
Not sure I agree on the fact that Ford doesnt sell Shelby-Roush....isnt "Shelby" a Ford Brand....so a Shelby Mustang isnt backed by Ford either....crazy....they dont stand behind what they DO sell....(have seen many Shelby-Roush Raptors sitting on Ford dealer lots)and as far as modified in Tuscany/Ind. ,sure cant say it isnt..BUT mine was clearly done at Shelby in NV...and have all the receipts showing that.....
Agreed...calling them direct will be my best bet...again..THANK YOU for info..!