Lead Frame Recall 06-14-2024

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The main problem that is going on is,
most have bought these trucks second hand and most do not have the handheld tuner device, so the stock tune is gone and so is SC Tune.
Shelby does not offer the Tune just like Roush, that would be a liability.
If they don't have a handheld tuning device then they can buy one from the tuner they go with. If shelby and roush don't sell tunes so be it, get a tune from someone else that is willing to take their money. Having forced air is a liability, @MurderedOutSVT knows this first hand but it's fun.

MurderedOutSVT

Brodozin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If they don't have a handheld tuning device then they can buy one from the tuner they go with. If shelby and roush don't sell tunes so be it, get a tune from someone else that is willing to take their money. Having forced air is a liability, @MurderedOutSVT knows this first hand but it's fun.
Yep, being forcefed is fun really, really fun, however, being a member of the 6.2 window edition club is exclusivity, but not recommended.

But it sounds cool too!

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, being forcefed is fun really, really fun, however, being a member of the 6.2 window edition club is exclusivity, but not recommended.

But it sounds cool too!
Ya lost me.."window edition club" how do i join..
So for those of you following this thread...i contacted Shelby direct...guy who helped me with questions when i bought truck got right back to me...so,straight from horses mouth (will post follow up when i get)

Hi George,

The 2010-2014 Shelby Raptors were not sold through Ford dealerships with a Shelby conversion already added to the truck, the conversion back then was sold directly through Shelby American so even a “Shelby dealership” would not have the computer file for your truck if that is even needed.

Although your Shelby Raptor is clearly out of warranty I’m forwarding your email to Shelby American’s warranty administrator Austin Craig for assistance. Hopefully, Austin will be able to provide guidance on if you need to reach out to Ford Performance, Whipple Industries or perhaps may know if you even need the Shelby tune as some vehicles have a separate transmission ECM/ECU just for the transmission. I wouldn’t know the correct answer so lets see if Austin can assist you with this.

Please give Austin at minimum 24-48 hours to get back to you.

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do not under any circumstance wish to join this club

View attachment 461322
Oh hell....Chevy has the same club...been a member of it for 25 years...Can only find one photo,but it was not a pretty sight....other side had the rod sticking out the pan...LOLOLOLOLOLO

Attachments

• CORVETTE ENGINE.jpg
    CORVETTE ENGINE.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 12

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Whipple will sell a tune and so will others. Tune and a Handheld device combo usually will be a little cheaper.

In my case I have the original stock tune but I don't have it on the handheld device.
I have the Whipple Tune backed up as the stock Tune and the Whipple Tune as a Tune file.
This way if the dealer does something stupid, I can just go back to stock or reinstall the Whipple Tune and drive home.

Last edited:

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ya lost me.."window edition club" how do i join..
So for those of you following this thread...i contacted Shelby direct...guy who helped me with questions when i bought truck got right back to me...so,straight from horses mouth (will post follow up when i get)

Hi George,

The 2010-2014 Shelby Raptors were not sold through Ford dealerships with a Shelby conversion already added to the truck, the conversion back then was sold directly through Shelby American so even a “Shelby dealership” would not have the computer file for your truck if that is even needed.

Although your Shelby Raptor is clearly out of warranty I’m forwarding your email to Shelby American’s warranty administrator Austin Craig for assistance. Hopefully, Austin will be able to provide guidance on if you need to reach out to Ford Performance, Whipple Industries or perhaps may know if you even need the Shelby tune as some vehicles have a separate transmission ECM/ECU just for the transmission. I wouldn’t know the correct answer so lets see if Austin can assist you with this.

Please give Austin at minimum 24-48 hours to get back to you.
Call Whipple, they may help you.
You might have to pull out the PCM (which is really easy)
and take a pic of the calibration code, Serial number and give them your vin #

Last edited:

Gumby

FRF Addict
Reaction score
ATTENTION!!!!!!!
I called JDM. There tune at this point WILL NOT fix this problem. What they told me was "you can get the update and put there tune on". The truck will be fine. I do see One big problem with this you will have NO stock tune to fall back on.
if the dealer goes to an as built program. There will be no Roush tune remaining for the truck to fall back on. The JDM tune will be the only tune in the truck. I believe in there (JDM) tune I don't know if I would trust anyone ever to touch the truck again. if the tune was some how removed things would/could go bad quickly.

Whoops

Reaction score
ATTENTION!!!!!!!
I called JDM. There tune at this point WILL NOT fix this problem. What they told me was "you can get the update and put there tune on". The truck will be fine. I do see One big problem with this you will have NO stock tune to fall back on.
if the dealer goes to an as built program. There will be no Roush tune remaining for the truck to fall back on. The JDM tune will be the only tune in the truck. I believe in there (JDM) tune I don't know if I would trust anyone ever to touch the truck again. if the tune was some how removed things would/could go bad quickly.
I'm going down the same path you are. I spoke to JDM also. Additionally, what they told me was to visit an authorized Ford, Roush dealer. The dealer is supposed to call Roush, remove the tune and then flash the truck. Then they're supposed to reinstall the Roush tune. So, you should be able to have that as your stock tune before installing the JDM tune. I've spoken with a dealership/service manager that's about 40 min. away from me. He seemed to know what's going on. I need to put a couple hundred miles on the new gears before I can drive there but hope to get this done in a couple of weeks.