2024 Initial Thoughts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorMan703

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Overall I’m digging it. Front end definitely looks squished and gives off Ranger vibe but it’ll grow on me.

Odd smell, although built first week of March it smells like new car mixed with wet dog. I ran the heat on high for 30 min to no avail. Going to spray the vents and see how that goes. No sunroof and no leaks noticed anywhere.

Gear shifter lever is more ratchety/clicking feeling to the hand when shifting to drive. I got out of my 2021 and into the 2024 and immediately noticed it.

Gauge cluster is a nice upgrade, customizable and allows to move gauges to left or right

HUD addition is nice but it defaults to standard height on windshield and brightness so I have to turn it down each and lower each time. Could be a setting to save it but haven’t got through manual yet

IMG_2672.jpeg

IMG_2673.jpeg

Seats more comfortable and no loose leather bits and creases like my 2021

IMG_2674.jpeg

HVAC controls fell victim to Ford cheaping out/chip shortage. Not seeing the degree number in the control knob screen is a step backwards

IMG_2671.jpeg

IMG_2669.jpeg

OP
OP
RaptorMan703

RaptorMan703

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Upon pickup I was under the truck looking at the bits and noticed water pissing from my exhaust. I checked the F150 forum and this is normal—-weep hole to ensure drainage. Guess I never noticed on my 2021. Pic of regular F150 exhaust weep hole for reference

IMG_1847.jpeg

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any shots of the new gauge cluster layouts? Considering the 2021-2023 has a full digital cluster it is one of the least customizable units I've used. Its actually my least favorite part of the 2023 vs my 2020.

Domin0

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Coming from a 2018, I agree with everything save for the front end. Unpopular opinion, but I think the initial Gen 3 design was too soft, and the '24 refresh addresses that.

Not a fan of the gear shifter. Feels flimsy.

The smell you mentioned reminds me of transmission fluid for some reason.

I'm sure it's due to the suspension setup, but the driving experience to me feels more similar to the TRX than my Gen 2. More trucky, less sporty.

Other than those relatively minor gripes, and the alignment & balance being out of whack upon delivery, I love this thing.