Lead Frame Recall 06-14-2024

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FishFreak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PCM. In the other thread they found that they could not get a Hi-Lock TOD to function on a Gen 1.
While you're here and we're on this topic, I've got a 2014 Screw that is positive for this recall. The ford site says 'recall incomplete' with the yellow triangle. My truck shifts fantastic especially after loading a 5 Star 91 octane performance tune, which definitely improved the shifting. Does this mean I've got to reflash it back to stock, take it in, get the recall program installed, and then when I put the 5 Star tune back in there I'll be overwriting the recall update? What would you recommend doing if my truck, 138k miles, runs and shifts great, no CEL.

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The rule of thumb has always been that you need to put the stock tune on the truck before you go to the dealer. If you don't and the dealer makes a programing change to the truck you will get locked out of your tuner. The tune you have only changes certain tables in the programing not the entire thing.

mtnghost

Reaction score
Showed up as a CSP for my 2014 screw, When entering the vin. It is described as a lead frame extended coverage 19N01. Is this lead frame replacement or the software update? Says no open recalls BTW.

FordTechOne

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
While you're here and we're on this topic, I've got a 2014 Screw that is positive for this recall. The ford site says 'recall incomplete' with the yellow triangle. My truck shifts fantastic especially after loading a 5 Star 91 octane performance tune, which definitely improved the shifting. Does this mean I've got to reflash it back to stock, take it in, get the recall program installed, and then when I put the 5 Star tune back in there I'll be overwriting the recall update? What would you recommend doing if my truck, 138k miles, runs and shifts great, no CEL.
Yes, it will need to be reflashed to stock and you’ll need to contact your tuner afterward to have the calibration updated on their end.