Lead Frame Recall 06-14-2024

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wjoutlaw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got notified that there is a new recall on my 2014 Raptor to repgram the PCM. I copied and pasted below the information below. Might want to get yours checked out too.

https://www.ford.com/support/recalls/

Campaign/NHTSA#
24S37/24V444
Issue Date
2024-06-14
Description
On your vehicle, an intermittent failure of the output speed sensor oss in the transmission may result in an unintended downshift to first gear.
Safety Risk
An unintended downshift into first gear can cause an abrupt wheel speed reduction, which could cause the rear tires to slide until the vehicle speed slows. This condition could result in a loss of vehicle control, increasing the risk of a crash.
Remedy
Ford Motor Company has authorized your dealer to update the powertrain control module pcm with software that will prevent an unintended downshift into first gear in the event of an intermittent oss failure, and to check for the presence of certain diagnostic trouble codes dtcs. This service will be performed free of charge parts and labor.
Next Steps
Contact your local dealer and schedule a maintenance appointment. To find your local dealer, use the "find a dealer" feature below.

OP
OP
wjoutlaw

wjoutlaw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I called the dealership just had my truckat to fix the actuator door in the HVAC system. My service rep confirmed the recall when he put my VIN in the system.

Whoops

Reaction score
Just got notified that there is a new recall on my 2014 Raptor to repgram the PCM. I copied and pasted below the information below. Might want to get yours checked out too.

https://www.ford.com/support/recalls/

Campaign/NHTSA#
24S37/24V444
Issue Date
2024-06-14
Description
On your vehicle, an intermittent failure of the output speed sensor oss in the transmission may result in an unintended downshift to first gear.
Safety Risk
An unintended downshift into first gear can cause an abrupt wheel speed reduction, which could cause the rear tires to slide until the vehicle speed slows. This condition could result in a loss of vehicle control, increasing the risk of a crash.
Remedy
Ford Motor Company has authorized your dealer to update the powertrain control module pcm with software that will prevent an unintended downshift into first gear in the event of an intermittent oss failure, and to check for the presence of certain diagnostic trouble codes dtcs. This service will be performed free of charge parts and labor.
Next Steps
Contact your local dealer and schedule a maintenance appointment. To find your local dealer, use the "find a dealer" feature below.
Thanks for posting. Looks like I need to make an appointment with the dealer.:cool:

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just entered the vin for my 2014 Raptor and it came up positive so I'll need to schedule a visit to the local dealership. My Raptor was not included in the prior recall so ford must have expanded the recall. Thank you @wjoutlaw for posting this.

CleverGirl_

Cabin Clown
Reaction score
Same here!
I was outside the claim period when I got mine (2013 but over 10 years) but looks like we are good for something

Last edited: