Installed RPG Offroad Collar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shelteredraptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did the 1.5's and rub at 3/4 turn even with trimming a fair amount. I minimized it, but would need to install the 3" to eliminate the rub. I have my Methods' to throw on for weekend fun because these HRE's ain't never gonna see dirt!

Attachments

• 20170430_073720.jpg
    20170430_073720.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 207

FGHT ON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have 22" HRE's with 37" tires and my truck rubbed also with the 1.5 RPG collar. I moved to the larger, 3" collar and it is perfect now. Looks more level to me now also. Just thought that I would pass that along.

Brian

What is the width and backspace of your HRE's?

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did the 1.5's and rub at 3/4 turn even with trimming a fair amount. I minimized it, but would need to install the 3" to eliminate the rub. I have my Methods' to throw on for weekend fun because these HRE's ain't never gonna see dirt!

More pictures?

Piranharaptor

Reaction score
Installed my 1.5s over the weekend. Thanks to all who gave instructions and tips. Install was easy. Very happy with the mod. I was surprised at how much of a difference it made. Makes it look "right" not nose down. I'm keeping factory size tires and all. Can't see any negatives at all.

CROOKS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You guys with 3" collars. You installed them with the shocks on the truck?

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have put on PDP mudflaps, and I get a tiny rub at full lock on the drivers side with 0 offset NVs

I think I can trim it to work.

Also, I want to note something, I had a 2011 ecoboost screw, and I did a 3" lift in the front and 2" springs in the back and it was perfectly level.

when I did the 1.5" RPG collars, I feel like there is still rake and I wasnt happy. I saw the Icon kit come out, and they offer a 1.75" option. I really feel like this would better level the truck. Maybe even the 2.25" option, I dunno.

BUT, after driving the truck some and loading it with weight, I have changed my mind. It is different with the soft raptor suspension, where I really don't think you want to be totally level. Dead flat ground with nothing in it, the icon might look better, but I really thing RPG hit it on the head with 1.5" (and icon does 1.5" as well), maybe icon is better by splitting the lift between the spring and the top hat, I dont know, I guess the point is, that I think 1.5" is the right move, even though it isnt perfectly level.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alotajs