My notes on 2” Spacer vs RPG collars VS SDI Top hats level kits

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johnny@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I'm looking at the EClik setup for my 22' and the installer was highly recommending the top hats vs eibach or collars. Would you say the front end felt softer with the top hats than with the collars or similar but with the unstable feeling? I've got eibachs on now and they're pretty stiff for my liking.
The top hats were designed with the idea of maintaining an oem spring rate which is what the eClik algorithm likes the best. Typically we recommend our customers builds going with a top hat set up if theres known intention of upgrading to eClik.

CF109

Reaction score
The top hats were designed with the idea of maintaining an oem spring rate which is what the eClik algorithm likes the best. Typically we recommend our customers builds going with a top hat set up if theres known intention of upgrading to eClik.
What if there’s no intention of getting the eclik?

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
And/or. Or would have been a better word.

was the ride height in the VDM reset with each change?

my guess is the LiveValve is acting different at different heights, or the internal bypass piston is in a different zone..

The SDI top is i believe .5" spacer, and the rest spring preload for whatever lift is achieved..

OP
OP
Keith88

Keith88

FRF Addict
Reaction score
was the ride height in the VDM reset with each change?

my guess is the LiveValve is acting different at different heights, or the internal bypass piston is in a different zone..

The SDI top is i believe .5" spacer, and the rest spring preload for whatever lift is achieved..
The first time with the spacers I don’t know… I didn’t know enough at the time. That’s being 100% honest.

2020NOOB

Reaction score
While having my shocks rebuilt at TSW, I saw how bad my Factory top hats were smacked up. I had to convince the guys to sell me their demo model of the TSW branded RPG top hats because I felt unsafe comparing the two parts side-by-side.

Top hats that don’t add any lift are not sexy except on the ride home :)