Horsepower, Torque, and MPG Confirmed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They did for the SHO, not certain about all the others.

There was a asterisk indicating calculated using premium fuel so it was clear.

I can't say with certainty they've done it with the others, nor do I know for certain they did it with the Raptor.

Craigy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Horsepower figures are most likely going to be with premium fuel.

However the compression ratio is lower than the regular 3.5EB, same as the 2.7L EB, shouldn't need premium fuel.

Ford typically likes to avoid a premium-fuel requirement if possible. Just look at mustang and last gen Raptor.

ROMILOWITZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Horsepower figures are most likely going to be with premium fuel.

However the compression ratio is lower than the regular 3.5EB, same as the 2.7L EB, shouldn't need premium fuel.

Ford typically likes to avoid a premium-fuel requirement if possible. Just look at mustang and last gen Raptor.
That would be nice, however there were pics of the prototypes with "Premium Fuel Only" stickers on the fuel doors. So I'm not counting on it using regular fuel...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Craigy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That would be nice, however there were pics of the prototypes with "Premium Fuel Only" stickers on the fuel doors. So I'm not counting on it using regular fuel...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Well shit.

:slap:

ljn21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Anyone know if the Explorer will get the updated F150 ecoboost? An Explorer Sport with the Raptor version of the Ecoboost would be sweet .

RAPTERRIER

Full Access On Your Mom
Reaction score
Anyone know if the Explorer will get the updated F150 ecoboost? An Explorer Sport with the Raptor version of the Ecoboost would be sweet .

I got a '15 Sport for our family crap hauler and it's been a great car. I doubt they would put the H.O. 3.5 in it though as the model is due for a major remodel. Torque steer isn't too fun as it is either.

2017 may be the last year for the current design. Hopefully there will be a FP version of the Explorer for the next version.

FordFanStan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just because it has more technology doesn't mean its going to be better in any way. The engine could turn out to be shit with tons of turbo issues, guys could be killing the transmissions left and right. That is all I am saying. NOBODY knows what its going to be like as Ford hasn't let anyone who has an opinion that actually matters drive one.

Exactly this ^^. However there are a lot of Gen 1 owners popping in the Gen2 threads completely discrediting the trucks, and your posts imply just that from my perspective. I don't think you are discrediting the people, yet the truck itself. Sounds like pot needs to meet kettle.

I'm just sick of seeing members on here attack 1st gen members and call them "*******" or say how they are butt hurt because their trucks aren't cool anymore or whatever. Its pretty childish.

I honestly think all of this "war" started/is because the Gen2 haters are talking shit about the Gen2s. The Gen2 guys come in trying to defend and then say they are better than Gen1. I'm constantly debating the invalid arguments concerning the Gen2, but I'm a Gen1 guy as of now. Like you said, no one can claim just how great or ****** the Gen2 is, because the public hasn't had the pleasure of beating the hell out of it yet. I'm sure it will happen soon enough and put "some" of this war to rest either way.

Peak TQ and HP numbers are likely measured using premium fuel, just like the first generation engine.

I'd expect 10 HP or so less using 87 Octane, just like the first generation engine, if I am correct in how they measured.

I never heard or paid attention to this. To see any real benefits to speak of, the spark map would likely need to be adjusted in my opinion. I also think the EPA or another Gov entity would likely have some sort of standard and govern this.

TRIMMELL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Exactly this ^^. However there are a lot of Gen 1 owners popping in the Gen2 threads completely discrediting the trucks, and your posts imply just that from my perspective. I don't think you are discrediting the people, yet the truck itself. Sounds like pot needs to meet kettle.

I honestly think all of this "war" started/is because the Gen2 haters are talking shit about the Gen2s. The Gen2 guys come in trying to defend and then say they are better than Gen1. I'm constantly debating the invalid arguments concerning the Gen2, but I'm a Gen1 guy as of now. Like you said, no one can claim just how great or ****** the Gen2 is, because the public hasn't had the pleasure of beating the hell out of it yet. I'm sure it will happen soon enough and put "some" of this war to rest either way.

I never heard or paid attention to this. To see any real benefits to speak of, the spark map would likely need to be adjusted in my opinion. I also think the EPA or another Gov entity would likely have some sort of standard and govern this.

There are a lot of people on this forum that have never owned a Raptor, will never own a Raptor and couldn't afford one if they wanted one. It isn't like this is a forum that was created just for the Gen 2 Raptor. This forum has been around for years. When members come on here and start trash talking other members and trying to say the new truck is the end all and how much better it is than the Gen 1's when nobody knows how much better it is it gets under peoples skin. The truck may have better suspension and I'm sure that part is true but that power train could turn out to be complete shit. The members that come on here and read the press releases and then quote the brochures are a large part of the problem. Everything is speculation. And I've said it a ton of times, I'll probably buy one when the hype dies down and dealers quit gouging. And I'm sure there are a lot of things on the new truck that will be awesome and better than the Gen 1's but there is a lot of hate coming from Ford's decision to force the V6 on a crowd of enthusiasts that want the truck but don't exactly want the V6 regardless of how fast it is or how much power it has. The 6.2 was old school technology and utterly simple to work on. It would be like Ford deciding that they are no longer going to offer a V8 in the Mustang. Imagine that shitstorm. Looting, ******, riots and cars burning in the streets. Wouldn't go over well.

Also, I do remember reading in some official ford documentation that the 6.2L HP numbers were contingent on running premium fuel and my 14' averaged .75mpg or so better on premium but it wouldn't offset the cost when premium was close to $1.00 more a gallon.

Last edited:

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Last edited: