Horsepower, Torque, and MPG Confirmed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Anyone know if the Explorer will get the updated F150 ecoboost? An Explorer Sport with the Raptor version of the Ecoboost would be sweet .

Highly doubtful anything but a FP vehicle will get the HO 3.5. The Raptor is an exclusive vehicle and they would be silly to dilute that exclusivity.

I'm sure 3.5 V2 in the normal F150 will find its way into the other models using the engine over time.

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Your post is like putting a never-ending turkey dinner in front of homeless people. There's enough BS in your post to feed on for days...

There are a lot of people on this forum that have never owned a Raptor, will never own a Raptor and couldn't afford one if they wanted one.

Who ******* cares! This is the internet where nothing and everything is real, nothing and everything is true and, it's where the only "real thing" is what you READ.

It isn't like this is a forum that was created just for the Gen 2 Raptor. This forum has been around for years.

FYI Professor, the Gen1 Raptor was on the street long before this forum came to be.

When members come on here and start trash talking other members and trying to say the new truck is the end all and how much better it is than the Gen 1's when nobody knows how much better it is it gets under peoples skin.

The TRUTH will set you free! And around here The TRUTH HURTS!

Here's a fact: The Gen2 Raptor is better in every way than the Gen1 Raptor. And the only "argument" I'll accept is the Gen1 Raptor sounds like a V-8 motor because it has a V-8 motor.

Get over it (I know Gen1'ers can't) - the new truck is better. Just like your second girlfriend blew you better than the first one. It's a fact and you butt hurt Gen1 owners should just take a chill pill and relax. But you won't and that's what has really hurt this place.

I'll probably buy one when the hype dies down and dealers quit gouging.

Of course you will! You and many other Gen1 owners will line up to buy a Gen2 Raptor and every one of you who buys a Gen2 will, in essence, be admitting the Gen2 IS BETTER!

The truck may have better suspension and I'm sure that part is true but that power train could turn out to be complete shit.

And I'm sure there are a lot of things on the new truck that will be awesome and better than the Gen 1's but there is a lot of hate coming from Ford's decision to force the V6 on a crowd of enthusiasts that want the truck but don't exactly want the V6 regardless of how fast it is or how much power it has.

"May have a better suspension" - yeah, just like the Cubs may have been the best team in baseball this season. Of course it's better unless you're in denial.

"Lot of hate coming from Ford's decision to force the V6 on a crowd of enthusiasts" - you MUST be a Wharton School of Business graduate! Genius really!

First of all the "hate" is coming from Gen1 owners who hate that the truck doesn't have a V-8.

Second, Ford isn't "forcing" anyone to do anything. The government is forcing all the mfrs to significantly increase their MPGs on their vehicles. Or have you been sleeping the past years? All the mfrs are reducing cylinders/displacement and going to turbos, etc. to improve MPGs. Get over it! Ask your mommy to change your diapers and put on some underwear. Eventually you'll stop wetting yourselves and you'll man up and buy a Gen2 Raptor because eventually there will be more Gen2 Raptors on the road than Gen1 Raptors.

I just hope we don't hear more whining and crying about lost resale value when the Gen1 trucks plummet in trade-in/resale value.

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
"New guy" - HA HA that's funny 725 post guy. Another one who's basing his opinions on what he doesn't know.

Please just toss him on your ignore list so I won't have to see you quote him any more. Pretty certain you won't be missing much, he's only 28 and doesn't know much about anything.

Last edited:

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey Trim-male is that your Raptor? :crazy:

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Highly doubtful anything but a FP vehicle will get the HO 3.5. The Raptor is an exclusive vehicle and they would be silly to dilute that exclusivity.

I'm sure 3.5 V2 in the normal F150 will find its way into the other models using the engine over time.

I would have said the same thing until today. I got a detailed market analysis run for Ford / Lincoln. It was very detailed asking a lot of what ifs about features, pricing, etc. If you said no to a particular feature for x price, it next asked you if you would buy that option for y price. As you got to the end, you basically built a future model. What was really interesting if the standard motor was TTv6 with exact HP/Torque as the Raptor. We will see.

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would have said the same thing until today. I got a detailed market analysis run for Ford / Lincoln. It was very detailed asking a lot of what ifs about features, pricing, etc. If you said no to a particular feature for x price, it next asked you if you would buy that option for y price. As you got to the end, you basically built a future model. What was really interesting if the standard motor was TTv6 with exact HP/Torque as the Raptor. We will see.

Interesting, thanks for sharing.

ovrlnd

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Keep in mind that the Raptor specs will likely bump up over time as well. There's definitely some overhead in that engine and I could see them offering a decent power bump down the line, much like they did with the R1.