Horsepower, Torque, and MPG Confirmed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

raptor36

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I canot wait for a gen 1 vs gen 2 head to head from one of those car review shows. Gen 2 has my vote.

harrisb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never justified anything. I simply have a preference. Maybe you need to check your dictionary.

Jusify: show or prove to be right or reasonable.

If I take the "show to be right" portion that is exactly what you have and continue to do. "Reasonable", I guess you got me there as you have shown exactly none of this.

I can't believe I am "justifying" this with a response.

harrisb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@harrisb - welcome to ignore!

Sweet baby Jesus, I always hoped this day would come but never in my wildest dreams did I imagine so soon. Don't worry, I'm sure you're on a lot of ignore lists by now.

For everyone else out there with an open mind, I'd suggest you pile onto DrippinRaptor and maybe you can get the same privilege as me. You can only hope.

ovrlnd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe the word you halfwits are searching for is "rationalize".

noclue

Reaction score
I'm going over the spec info on ford.com and it doesn't say if the raptor takes regular or premium fuel. Anyone know? I'm thinking premium since it's high output after all...

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm going over the spec info on ford.com and it doesn't say if the raptor takes regular or premium fuel. Anyone know? I'm thinking premium since it's high output after all...

All of the other Ecoboost engines consume 87 octane without issue. I would be surprised if this engine required premium fuel.

Peak TQ and HP numbers are likely measured using premium fuel, just like the first generation engine.

I'd expect 10 HP or so less using 87 Octane, just like the first generation engine, if I am correct in how they measured.

yenrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All of the other Ecoboost engines consume 87 octane without issue. I would be surprised if this engine required premium fuel.

Peak TQ and HP numbers are likely measured using premium fuel, just like the first generation engine.

I'd expect 10 HP or so less using 87 Octane, just like the first generation engine, if I am correct in how they measured.

Really, they did that? I didn't know - I thought that everything released on a vehicle including mpg was predicated on the manufacturers recommended octane rating? Maybe there was an asterisk I missed...

---------- Post added at 09:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 PM ----------

Premium in a 36 gallon if/when gas prices roll up could get stingy. Either way, I roll with what the manufacturer recommends for the vehicle/engine.

Wolfeman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really, they did that? I didn't know - I thought that everything released on a vehicle including mpg was predicated on the manufacturers recommended octane rating? Maybe there was an asterisk I missed...

---------- Post added at 09:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 PM ----------

Premium in a 36 gallon if/when gas prices roll up could get stingy. Either way, I roll with what the manufacturer recommends for the vehicle/engine.

Pretty sure I read that either the EPA numbers or the HP and torque numbers came from using 91 octane.