Horsepower, Torque, and MPG Confirmed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

_M_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@TRIMMELL

I totally misinterpreted your intent with your posts then. Keep on keepin on

Last edited:

_M_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seriously though. Gotta watch my Steelers beat up on the chiefs

Last edited:

Nordic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had a lot of Fords personally and a ton more for work. The great thing about them is they typically don't break. I've taken my Raptor in more times than all my work vehicles in the last 10 years combined. CV's needing to be replaced. IWE going out. Steering rack going out.

Granted it's all offroad use that caused the problems. At first it was no problem getting things fixed but now it's a headache and they do whatever they can to deny claims.

Oh I forgot:

New steering rack. We will see if the electric rack proves better than the ****** unit it's replacing. At least it won't be whining like a SC'er before it blows.

My whole thing with the new truck is there's a lot of new and no one knows if the old problems that have plagued Raptors have been addressed. I personally don't want to buy an unproven model with so many new things that could potentially have problems.

Thankfully I have an awesome truck and I can wait a couple years to see how things pan out

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks. I am in complete agreement, I have no idea what I am getting into with this new model. That's why I am hoping that, in general, dealer service is good and the whole process is pretty painless.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
New steering rack. We will see if the electric rack proves better than the ****** unit it's replacing. At least it won't be whining like a SC'er before it blows

I doubt it. The electric racks are considered the problem child in many recent Fords. The Escapes, Fusions, F150s, etc. You want reliable? Buy the year prior to the switch over to e-racks. What really sucks is it's an assembly. You have to replace the entire unit and they are typically $1000+.

At least with hydraulic, you can upgrade the pump, add coolers, etc and bandaid it. There's nothing you can do to an electric rack to help it out.

The hydraulic steering is one of the reasons I wanted a 6.2L truck over a 5.0L truck. There are stickied threads on all the big F150 forums dedicated to problems with those e-racks.

I think that once guys with heavier than stock tires start ragging on them, the new racks will fail quickly and regularly.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
I doubt it. The electric racks are considered the problem child in many recent Fords. The Escapes, Fusions, F150s, etc. You want reliable? Buy the year prior to the switch over to e-racks. What really sucks is it's an assembly. You have to replace the entire unit and they are typically $1000+.

At least with hydraulic, you can upgrade the pump, add coolers, etc and bandaid it. There's nothing you can do to an electric rack to help it out.

The hydraulic steering is one of the reasons I wanted a 6.2L truck over a 5.0L truck. There are stickied threads on all the big F150 forums dedicated to problems with those e-racks.

I think that once guys with heavier than stock tires start ragging on them, the new racks will fail quickly and regularly.

Ya that's what I was worried about. I know of one street driven F150 that roasted the steering. When it goes, it goes.

harrisb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya that's what I was worried about. I know of one street driven F150 that roasted the steering. When it goes, it goes.

I currently have a ram with electric steering and it's awesome. Doesn't pull on the road like hydraulic, much better driving system. On the reliability, when the truck was 2 months old the system went out and it was a $3500 (Canadian) repair. Since then, 60,000 miles without a hitch, I think I just got a dud as I don't know anybody else with this issue and there are a ton of Rams out there

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
I currently have a ram with electric steering and it's awesome. Doesn't pull on the road like hydraulic, much better driving system. On the reliability, when the truck was 2 months old the system went out and it was a $3500 (Canadian) repair. Since then, 60,000 miles without a hitch, I think I just got a dud as I don't know anybody else with this issue and there are a ton of Rams out there

Ya I have the electric rack on my F150 and I like the feel but its not a Raptor and it's not going to be beat on like my Raptor is. The good news is i don't have to worry about cleaning up oil if the system blows. Thats the worst...