Horsepower, Torque, and MPG Confirmed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

_M_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And? Have you never seen a new generation of vehicle that wasn't liked as much as the previous generation? You must read a lot of brochures. And just because someone tells you something is going to be awesome you don't go out and research what others are saying and wait for the truck to actually get in the hands of someone with an opinion that matters to you?

Outside of this forum the general public feedback is resoundingly positive for the new Raptor. Hell I was at a wedding this weekend where a few of my friends were in attendance and they are car dealers, Chevy, Volvo, and Nissan, and they were drooling over the new Raptor. All thoroughly impressed with the numbers and the look of the truck.

And then let's look at the number of people still trying to get an order in, and hell many paying over MSRP...but yeah you're right no one likes the new truck.

As far as the truck going to be awesome, let's see if I can remember when the first Raptor was announced I remember everyone waiting to order one and no one talked about it or speculated or did anything till they were all thoroughly tested and all the magazines and experts provided their feedback. They sat on dealers lots for a few months right??

Nordic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New engine
New transmission
New body
New frame
Same IWE
Same Ford Service Dept
Same Ford warranty claim procedure

Hahaha, by same you mean great right? My previous Ford experience Is limited to a 68 bronc, pinto and a 67 stang all of which were way past service and warranty periods so I have no experience dealing with Ford directly. Wheaties are currently crap free and I'm looking to keep it that way.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
Hahaha, by same you mean great right? My previous Ford experience Is limited to a 68 bronc, pinto and a 67 stang all of which were way past service and warranty periods so I have no experience dealing with Ford directly. Wheaties are currently crap free and I'm looking to keep it that way.

When was the last time you took a Raptor in to have 4wd fixed and it was fixed? I'll wait...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TRIMMELL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Outside of this forum the general public feedback is resoundingly positive for the new Raptor. Hell I was at a wedding this weekend where a few of my friends were in attendance and they are car dealers, Chevy, Volvo, and Nissan, and they were drooling over the new Raptor. All thoroughly impressed with the numbers and the look of the truck.

And then let's look at the number of people still trying to get an order in, and hell many paying over MSRP...but yeah you're right no one likes the new truck.

As far as the truck going to be awesome, let's see if I can remember when the first Raptor was announced I remember everyone waiting to order one and no one talked about it or speculated or did anything till they were all thoroughly tested and all the magazines and experts provided their feedback. They sat on dealers lots for a few months right??

Lots of people jumping in line to just have the new truck. Nobody knows what its like as NOBODY has driven it yet. And not to mention the fact that everyone knows what the 1st gen trucks are like already. The new truck has a lot to best before it becomes the "better" truck. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and not YOU or anyone else is going to change their opinions. Someone shares their opinion and then all the idiots come out of the woodwork to try and make that member look stupid for whatever reason thinking its actually going to bother someone when it doesn't.

Nordic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When was the last time you took a Raptor in to have 4wd fixed and it was fixed? I'll wait...

Wow, is it really bad or just more of a pita. I really have no idea. My dad has had his own shop for over 30 years so no real experience with any dealer service or warranty. My cars were generally always used and fixed there by me or him. My dealer service experience is limited to a leased Saab and CPO Audi only while under warranty. Was hoping that Ford was half way decent. There was a Galaxy 500 in there for a bit as well.

_M_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lots of people jumping in line to just have the new truck. Nobody knows what its like as NOBODY has driven it yet. And not to mention the fact that everyone knows what the 1st gen trucks are like already. The new truck has a lot to best before it becomes the "better" truck. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and not YOU or anyone else is going to change their opinions. Someone shares their opinion and then all the idiots come out of the woodwork to try and make that member look stupid for whatever reason thinking its actually going to bother someone when it doesn't.

So remind me what it is you're doing in all the threads your posting in?

And everything you just said still doesn't change the fact that behavior is the same for every new vehicle that comes out, including the Gen 1s. So with all that said, you're entitled to your opinion as all those who want or support the Gen 2 truck are. When it's released and in the hands of everyone soon, we will find out the specifics, but to blast people for being excited about their new truck while reminding everyone how awesome your truck is, leaves little to be desired

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
Wow, is it really bad or just more of a pita. I really have no idea. My dad has had his own shop for over 30 years so no real experience with any dealer service or warranty. My cars were generally always used and fixed there by me or him. My dealer service experience is limited to a leased Saab and CPO Audi only while under warranty. Was hoping that Ford was half way decent. There was a Galaxy 500 in there for a bit as well.

I have had a lot of Fords personally and a ton more for work. The great thing about them is they typically don't break. I've taken my Raptor in more times than all my work vehicles in the last 10 years combined. CV's needing to be replaced. IWE going out. Steering rack going out.

Granted it's all offroad use that caused the problems. At first it was no problem getting things fixed but now it's a headache and they do whatever they can to deny claims.

Oh I forgot:

New steering rack. We will see if the electric rack proves better than the ****** unit it's replacing. At least it won't be whining like a SC'er before it blows.

My whole thing with the new truck is there's a lot of new and no one knows if the old problems that have plagued Raptors have been addressed. I personally don't want to buy an unproven model with so many new things that could potentially have problems.

Thankfully I have an awesome truck and I can wait a couple years to see how things pan out

Last edited:

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Going to the TT V6 wasn't just about mileage. Lots of other things weigh into that decision.

Weight distribution and overall balance being one primary factor.

I've driven the last model year steel body truck next to the same truck with the aluminum body and the handling differences are VERY obvious.

Putting a cast Iron V8's up front would be silly and likely prevented the drive train upgrade.

It would also likely have made the truck a tad front heavy.

That said, it completely ignores the fact that you need to spend your development $$ and resources wisely, as they don't fall off the engineering apple tree.

Surprise, profitability is also a concern. Using most of that engine in other vehicles reduces engineering and production costs.

These are not bespoke trucks, nor are they made by a non profit.

TRIMMELL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So remind me what it is you're doing in all the threads your posting in?

And everything you just said still doesn't change the fact that behavior is the same for every new vehicle that comes out, including the Gen 1s. So with all that said, you're entitled to your opinion as all those who want or support the Gen 2 truck are. When it's released and in the hands of everyone soon, we will find out the specifics, but to blast people for being excited about their new truck while reminding everyone how awesome your truck is, leaves little to be desired

Lol. Always trying to turn it around on someone else. I am just as excited as everyone else and haven't bashed anyone for buying the new truck. I am not willing to pay over MSRP for a truck or even MSRP at the moment and I am waiting to see what happens when the rush is over. I'll probably buy one at some point but for members like you to jump on the bandwagon to try to discredit someone like the 12 year olds do on Reddit, its pretty funny. I sold my 14' about a year ago with the intention of buying a new one at some point in the future.

And I have never said how awesome my truck is in comparison as I don't even own a Raptor anymore. But the new truck does have a lot to best if its going to be that much better than the 1st gens. Just because it has more technology doesn't mean its going to be better in any way. The engine could turn out to be shit with tons of turbo issues, guys could be killing the transmissions left and right. That is all I am saying. NOBODY knows what its going to be like as Ford hasn't let anyone who has an opinion that actually matters drive one. I'm just sick of seeing members on here attack 1st gen members and call them "*******" or say how they are butt hurt because their trucks aren't cool anymore or whatever. Its pretty childish.

---------- Post added at 06:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:11 PM ----------

I have had a lot of Fords personally and a ton more for work. The great thing about them is they typically don't break. I've taken my Raptor in more times than all my work vehicles in the last 10 years combined. CV's needing to be replaced. IWE going out. Steering rack going out.

Granted it's all offroad use that caused the problems. At first it was no problem getting things fixed but now it's a headache and they do whatever they can to deny claims.

Oh I forgot:

New steering rack. We will see if the electric rack proves better than the ****** unit it's replacing. At least it won't be whining like a SC'er before it blows.

My whole thing with the new truck is there's a lot of new and no one knows if the old problems that have plagued Raptors have been addressed. I personally don't want to buy an unproven model with so many new things that could potentially have problems.

Thankfully I have an awesome truck and I can wait a couple years to see how things pan out

The only thing I took my 14' in for was the popping in the front end that they ended up classifying as "normal". I'm curious to see if they fixed that noise in the front shocks that seemed to come from lower shock mount. New bolts and proper torque didn't fix it in my truck. I'll laugh if that noise still exists.