Horsepower, Torque, and MPG Confirmed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Lol.

---------- Post added at 06:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:11 PM ----------

[/COLOR]

The only thing I took my 14' in for was the popping in the front end that they ended up classifying as "normal". I'm curious to see if they fixed that noise in the front shocks that seemed to come from lower shock mount. New bolts and proper torque didn't fix it in my truck. I'll laugh if that noise still exists.

It's not supposed to pop and make noise!
@Yukon Joe :baby: :baby:
Drive your raptor here!!!!
www.runraptorrun.com
( * Y * )

TRIMMELL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's not supposed to pop and make noise!
@Yukon Joe :baby: :baby:
Drive your raptor here!!!!
Great Lakes Raptor Excursions (GLRE) | Run Raptor Run
( * Y * )

I had a Ford rep on this forum contact me and put me in touch with a dealer that could "fix it". Huge waste of time. They ended up telling me the pop was valving inside the shock but it literally sounded like a loose lower shock mount and it shouldn't be making noise over small bumps in the road. A pop associated with a thump in the floor is pretty obvious. I replaced the bolts/nuts and had them retorqued to spec but no change. I'm 90% sure the noise was the lower shock mount moving around in the control arm from the tolerances with everything being shit. Tons of people had the same noise but I just gave up on it. Hopefully that is fixed on the 17'.

Rickoo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have that gawd awful looseness as well. Went through several visits and attempts to re-torque the lower shock bolts to no avail. It became a lot less noticeable as time went on. It was especially bad in very cold weather. I DO believe it was the shocks causing the issue. Normal? Shouldn't be. Common? VERY. I'm hoping the '17 has this figured out as well!

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Another noob crawling out of the woodwork to attack gen 1. What a surprise :supergay:

You look stupid making assumptions. Does your ass hurt from talking out of it?

-Former Gen1 owner

---------- Post added at 09:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 PM ----------

Seriously though. Gotta watch my Steelers beat up on the chiefs

And beat them they did. And then some.

HWGS! HWG!

l_52efd0aaf5a77c0273ecc3f39f7bc357.gif~c200

harrisb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't be so butt hurt, new guy.

You joined a whopping 1yr and 4 months before him and of your 715 posts probably over half are you cutting down the Gen2 and justifying how the Gen1 is the holy grail. In most cases you're initiating this stuff. New versions come out, things advance, technology gets better. Get over it or move to Siberia where things are a little slower.

DrippinRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You joined a whopping 1yr and 4 months before him and of your 715 posts probably over half are you cutting down the Gen2 and justifying how the Gen1 is the holy grail. In most cases you're initiating this stuff. New versions come out, things advance, technology gets better. Get over it or move to Siberia where things are a little slower.

Justifying? Nice try. :supergay: