Heated Wheel Retrofit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xlover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol guess I should have waited…. It was fun doing it tho.

If this is for real for raptors I’m probably still gonna have the dealer do it anyway so I get official warrantied parts

EDIT: I pulled the original verbiage (posted in the other thread on the fix)
Last fall ford told dealers and told 2023 customers via the form we had to sign the same thing,
Verbiage summary:
ICE trucks - Heated wheel is gone, $140 for your trouble
Lightning truck - Heated wheel is gone, $50 for your trouble, will fix, hopefully in fall 2023

Last edited:

ekalb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup, Doesn't cover my truck either. Just heard back from my friend who is the service manager at the local dealership.

Screenshot-2023-09-25-at-8-47-04-AM.png

Screenshot-2023-09-25-at-8-47-47-AM.png

Last edited:

Jmeo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I already converted mine, but it would be great if we can be reimbursed after the fact. Still not mad I didi it, it only cost me a SCCM as I already had the digital HVAC from my last truck.

irpete

Reaction score
Hey guys, want to share my experience. I was following this procedure above in my 2023 Raptor, but ended up with working HSW, and disabled steering wheel buttons, I’ve spent some time trying to find the problem and with the help of great folks from F150gen14 forum and their suggestion I’ve installed the SCCM part number ML3Z-3F791-HB. After installing it I reprogrammed everything and my buttons are active, and HSW working. I’m not sure why the -BB wasn’t working for me, but it appears that few people installed -HB instead of -BB part in 2023 Raptors because of the similar problem. My point is if there is no back order on HB part, order it to be on the safe side. I also want to point to the importance of the correct Forscan procedure.
1. Before you start replacing parts Back up modules: HVAC, SCCM, APIM
2. Replace parts
3. Connect Forscan and make new scan without loading vehicle profile
4. Write your backed up HVAC, SCCM builts into the new modules.
5. Restart, connect the Forscan again and scan all modules
6. Using screenshots of the spreadsheet on the page 7 made the built changes.
8. Enjoy
Also if you forgot to back up your original built you can request all of it from https://www.motorcraftservice.com/AsBuilt

I know that 5. is an extra step, that might be not needed, but again I am sharing my experience and want to show how I’ve done it.
Thanks for this. Quick question though. From the Ford Service notice about this topic they list the SCCM part numbers. In it the ML3Z-3F791-HB is listed for the power adjustable steering column (which we all have). They also list part number NL3Z- 3F791-BA for steering columns with auto wipers (which we all also have). Since my Gen 3 was built mid July it's not covered under the current Ford service announcement so I'm going to do this myself. I'm assuming that the "HB" part also works with the auto wipers? Thanks in advance.

Jmeo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for this. Quick question though. From the Ford Service notice about this topic they list the SCCM part numbers. In it the ML3Z-3F791-HB is listed for the power adjustable steering column (which we all have). They also list part number NL3Z- 3F791-BA for steering columns with auto wipers (which we all also have). Since my Gen 3 was built mid July it's not covered under the current Ford service announcement so I'm going to do this myself. I'm assuming that the "HB" part also works with the auto wipers? Thanks in advance.
That is correct, yes. I have installed it and the auto wipers work as they should.