Heated Wheel Retrofit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For those that only swapped the SCCM and are using the “soft button” where does the soft button go? I just realized there’s no climate section anywhere on my Sync display.

xlover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those that only swapped the SCCM and are using the “soft button” where does the soft button go? I just realized there’s no climate section anywhere on my Sync display.
You have to use forscan to swap your apim to the “unreal theme” which is a different layout similar to the touch only displays in fords portolio and thus has a climate bar on the bottom.

Edit: for what it’s worth I did the full climate unit as I preferred the standard layout.

cfmistry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have to upgrade to the Unreal theme, then enable the climate bar, then add the heated steering wheel icon.

1697065150919.png

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For what it's worth I hated the Unreal theme. I changed it back and ordered the HVAC controls.

DougDimmadome

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anything changed as far as inconsistencies with programming the digital dial HVAC module? I bought the non digital version since its seemed to be a trouble free install back in May when I ordered everything. The plan is to finally install it this week, but if there is a tried and true way to get the digital readout HVAC working with forscan, I may just order those instead.

I can't seem to find info on whether it's still a crapshoot or not getting that version up and running without dealer level diagnostics.
I installed mine with forscan and it worked just fine