Heated Wheel Retrofit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GDK

Reaction score
I apologize my ERROR here!
Dug even deeper and found this Video...what a Job this is. This Guy must have a Trim Tool Degree and a lot more patience than most, not one broken Clip? No wonder the Dealers are acting like they never heard of this.

ekalb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have studied this pretty hard and still confused. The above link to the Ford Dash Control Unit seems like it would never work as it just does not have enough Buttons on it?
I'm thinking you need a Clock Spring, Jumpers and a Wheel that has Heating Elements in it. Then ForScan helps you reprogram the Touch Screen which adds the 0n-off button for the new Wheel?
Getting Cold...thanks!
Everything you really need is summarized perfectly in this post:

No jumpers involved or anything like that. The trim comes off with relative ease.

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have studied this pretty hard and still confused. The above link to the Ford Dash Control Unit seems like it would never work as it just does not have enough Buttons on it?
I'm thinking you need a Clock Spring, Jumpers and a Wheel that has Heating Elements in it. Then ForScan helps you reprogram the Touch Screen which adds the 0n-off button for the new Wheel?
Getting Cold...thanks!
I just swapped out my HVAC non Digital control with a Digital one. I have my original non digital with the HSW button if you’re interested.

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Getting Cold...thanks!
I just had this done at Galpin Auto Sports. The wheel has the heater element in it. You need to replace the clockspring and the SCCM module and it's good to go. Forscan programming as well but the wheel 100% has the element in it

DRaptor13

Reaction score
Got my Heated steering wheel, cup holder lights, media bin light, and glove box light installed this weekend! Big shoutout to @ekalb, who agreed to meet up and help me install everything (but basically did it all by himself -- haha). You're now an expert at this job my friend! haha!

Attachments

• IMG_3600.JPG
    IMG_3600.JPG
    424.1 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_3602.JPG
    IMG_3602.JPG
    128.5 KB · Views: 54

ekalb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my Heated steering wheel, cup holder lights, media bin light, and glove box light installed this weekend! Big shoutout to @ekalb, who agreed to meet up and help me install everything (but basically did it all by himself -- haha). You're now an expert at this job my friend! haha!
More than happy to help out anytime! I was sweating it a bit thinking I forgot a few steps, but it went really smoothly. You are hands down one of the more fascinating people I have ever met!

Note to others, if you get a chance to meet Draptor13 in person...take it :)

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
More than happy to help out anytime! I was sweating it a bit thinking I forgot a few steps, but it went really smoothly. You are hands down one of the more fascinating people I have ever met!

Do the cupholder lights require forscan changes or just connect to an existing harness?

ekalb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do the cupholder lights require forscan changes or just connect to an existing harness?
you need to buy a harness. info on who to email for that is in this post:

rohardi

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I may need ot met up with both of you! I'm in RI and need some help with the heated steering wheel swap from @ekalb and @DRaptor13 sounds like a good time!