Got my VIN and delivery date today!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mr Roarke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Western Iowa about 60 miles north of Omaha
Cool man!! Have fun with her!!
I have a GT 350R that's on the train, it's just getting to IA. It may be a while before I get the raptor. Took 8 months for the 350 and I'm guessing 5 or 6 months for the raptor when it shows.

theBoss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Already signed papers and traded 2014 raptor for 2017 Lightning blue SCrew. Ordered beginning of August. Build date 10/13. Scheduled for delivery 11/12. Long way to Texas. Hope it will hurry up.

Got lucky as the first order pulled from my dealer and the only one pulled so far. Good dealer makes everything easier. Ordered at MSRP with no deposit. Overheard finance guy ask "why are we doing this" as I waited to sign papers. My salesman said "because he has bought 8 vehicles here." Guess I'll be buying more there too.

Hope everybody gets theirs soon. Just hope mine is 30 minutes sooner! haha

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Can anyone decipher this? Canadian order from July 18.

It's telling you the currently scheduled build date. The other date info isn't accurate yet because the trucks have not gotten the OK to buy yet.

What site it that from?

This is from our dealer portal with Ford. It's the Vehicle Visibility page. One source we have for tracking orders.

Our first allocation was built 10/14 and still shows "at ramp". When you see one of these that shows "released", that's when you start to get excited.

According to our Ford rep yesterday they were told OKTB was projected for early November. They've not heard any updates recently if this is still on schedule or not. Units won't start shipping until the model is given the OKTB (OK to buy).

Bombsquad68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's telling you the currently scheduled build date. The other date info isn't accurate yet because the trucks have not gotten the OK to buy yet.

This is from our dealer portal with Ford. It's the Vehicle Visibility page. One source we have for tracking orders.

Our first allocation was built 10/14 and still shows "at ramp". When you see one of these that shows "released", that's when you start to get excited.

According to our Ford rep yesterday they were told OKTB was projected for early November. They've not heard any updates recently if this is still on schedule or not. Units won't start shipping until the model is given the OKTB (OK to buy).
Thanks. I was hoping maybe the "status" of Oct 16 might be the build date but if it's scheduled to build Nov 23, I am hoping I'll have it before Christmas. Not sure how long they take from then til they arrive in Canada.

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks. I was hoping maybe the "status" of Oct 16 might be the build date but if it's scheduled to build Nov 23, I am hoping I'll have it before Christmas. Not sure how long they take from then til they arrive in Canada.

Welcome.

Status is the day the info was updated.

Initial shipping times once the trucks get the OKTS will probably be around 2 1/2 - 3 weeks. With the F150 plant closing for a week it should ease that back log some and maybe make those time frames a bit less. Once shipping gets caught up the average is about 2 weeks. Now that is to the states, not sure about Canada.

Other issues that may delay shipping is the fact that we're coming in to holiday season with people taking more vacation.

As of now my truck is scheduled to be built 11/21. I hope to see it here by mid December

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome.

Status is the day the info was updated.

Initial shipping times once the trucks get the OKTS will probably be around 2 1/2 - 3 weeks. With the F150 plant closing for a week it should ease that back log some and maybe make those time frames a bit less. Once shipping gets caught up the average is about 2 weeks. Now that is to the states, not sure about Canada.

Other issues that may delay shipping is the fact that we're coming in to holiday season with people taking more vacation.

As of now my truck is scheduled to be built 11/21. I hope to see it here by mid December

Why do you believe it will take 2 1/2 to 3 weeks to ship after OKTS?
Also what is the difference between OKTS and OKTB?

I keep hearing the OKTB will be in November and Ford has confirmed my dealer delivery ETA as 11/4 every week for the last 3 weeks. If OKTB happens on 11/1 (not sure when in November the OKTB will actually happen) that gives them 3 days to ship it from Dearborn to St. Louis. That seems like a tight schedule.

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Why do you believe it will take 2 1/2 to 3 weeks to ship after OKTS?
Also what is the difference between OKTS and OKTB?

I keep hearing the OKTB will be in November and Ford has confirmed my dealer delivery ETA as 11/4 every week for the last 3 weeks. If OKTB happens on 11/1 (not sure when in November the OKTB will actually happen) that gives them 3 days to ship it from Dearborn to St. Louis. That seems like a tight schedule.

Sorry two references for the same meaning. OK to buy and OK to sell.

I think the initial shipping times will take that long (on average) for a few reasons.

First and foremost the Raptor will only fit at certain places on the carriers so shipping logistics take slightly longer than a normal F150 that fits just about anywhere.

Then with say 3 or 4 weeks of production sitting at the plant with nothing shipping there will be a lot of trucks that get released all at the same time.

Taking those in to account puts my estimate at 2 1/2 - 3 weeks for the initial release.

Ballistic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Build date did not move this week, on track for November 19th

What do you think my chance is for getting it before January?