Got my VIN and delivery date today!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ltl6pack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok Thanks, with a build date of the 24th of October, was trying to see how much longer I will have to wait to get it!

StrikerHawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If they'll let me fly up to Detroit and drive the bloody thing home I'd do that in a heart beat. Figure $300 for a one-way ticket and a couple of tanks of gas on the way home. Just imagine the pure bliss that that first day long Raptor drive is sure to induce ;p

raptorwarrior

Reaction score
So I emailed my dealer asking if there were any updates on my order.. I got this as a response:

"I have no update since last time. ford is finishing up the last of the 16 production then they will proceed into the 17's. Once I have any updated info I will let you know."

Does this make sense any sense?

Ltl6pack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If they'll let me fly up to Detroit and drive the bloody thing home I'd do that in a heart beat. Figure $300 for a one-way ticket and a couple of tanks of gas on the way home. Just imagine the pure bliss that that first day long Raptor drive is sure to induce ;p

I would do the same thing if they would let us! I heard that the trucks might sit a month or more on lots, it would drive me nuts knowing my truck was ready and it was just sitting waiting to ship.

muddawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was hoping to catch a hockey game, watch my truck get built, then drive it home. But just dreaming........................ airfare right now is wicked cheap. But I am hearing from Ford Service a build date can still change some when looking 3-4 weeks out so ?

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I emailed my dealer asking if there were any updates on my order.. I got this as a response:

"I have no update since last time. ford is finishing up the last of the 16 production then they will proceed into the 17's. Once I have any updated info I will let you know."

Does this make sense any sense?

We really won't see any potential changes in scheduling until it's close to Job 1. Ford schedules to build out of the 16's and then switches over to the 17's. They know exactly how many 16's they have to build, when they'll be finished and when the new 17's will start. That change over happens rather quickly. That's how they are scheduling 17's before the 17's are even being built. There are many things that could cause a potential delay once the build starts but usually not before then. Any more the change over and production on the new models usually goes pretty smooth. When they were switching from the 14' F150's to the 15's production was slow and the production numbers were very small. It took us forever to get any supply built up. I'm sure a lot of that had to do with the first build of the aluminum body.

I would do the same thing if they would let us! I heard that the trucks might sit a month or more on lots, it would drive me nuts knowing my truck was ready and it was just sitting waiting to ship.

If they run into any quality issues this can happen. It's been a while since it has, but it can happen. Normally on Job 1 of any model Ford will only build stock orders for a period of time. That way if they run into any delays from build issues the units they pull aside are only for stock. Obviously they can't do that with Raptor orders because they'll all be submitted as retails.

Two Dogs

Reaction score
I was hoping to catch a hockey game, watch my truck get built, then drive it home. But just dreaming........................ airfare right now is wicked cheap. But I am hearing from Ford Service a build date can still change some when looking 3-4 weeks out so ?

Seen em at the O, seen em at the Joe, feels like I'll see em at Little Ceasers before Raptors ship.

_M_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone successfully track their VIN on the COTUS website? I have not, but a buddy of mine getting a 350R had his suddenly show up. Gave me hope, then nothing.

Perhaps because Job 1 hasn't been scheduled yet as @03'Darin is saying above