Got my VIN and delivery date today!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Piranharaptor

Reaction score
ok...I have a vin and checked through facebook (don't have a FB account but a friend checked it twice for me) Both times the reply was build date Oct18Th.
If this holds true how long till I actually see it. I just assumed it would be about 12 weeks so beginning of next year. Have other tell me this year.
Any info is appreciated
thanks all

dtt255

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok...I have a vin and checked through facebook (don't have a FB account but a friend checked it twice for me) Both times the reply was build date Oct18Th.
If this holds true how long till I actually see it. I just assumed it would be about 12 weeks so beginning of next year. Have other tell me this year.
Any info is appreciated
thanks all

Well from what was explained to me was this. It only takes a few days on the assembly line to build and finish the truck. It is the fact that they won't ship the truck to your deal until they have a full truck going to that dealer or passing by it. So that could takes weeks.

I can be totally wrong but that is what I have heard.

jkharvey

Reaction score
so when you get a build date does that mean that is the day they will start building or the day it should be complete?

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@03'Darin the current allocations dealers have, is that for 2016 only or when do you get new allocations?

The allocation we were given is for the 17' model year build of the Raptor. So even though we are in the 16' calendar year it runs for the full 17' model build year.

so when you get a build date does that mean that is the day they will start building or the day it should be complete?

It's actually the build week. So it's not the specific date the unit will get built.

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
BTW has anyone been given an ETA date from their dealer yet?

I've been seeing build week dates but no ETA's posted. Our first order that has been scheduled now for a couple weeks still doesn't have an ETA listed. It's listed as TBD.

Usually on new builds like this they will pull the first couple weeks of build and do stringent quality checks on them. That process will create delays that could be a couple days to a few weeks before the shipping process starts. I'm wondering if that's why Ford is not give anyone ETA's yet.

paulhaskew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nothing from my dealer. Talking to Ford Service, it is still scheduled to be built the week of October 10th.

20174x4

Reaction score
Confirmed today with dealer and with Ford Service FB:

SCAB scheduled build week of Oct 3. I have a VIN as well. I've seen some discussion of timetable of super cabs, perhaps this info helps.

acg90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BTW has anyone been given an ETA date from their dealer yet?

I've been seeing build week dates but no ETA's posted. Our first order that has been scheduled now for a couple weeks still doesn't have an ETA listed. It's listed as TBD.

Usually on new builds like this they will pull the first couple weeks of build and do stringent quality checks on them. That process will create delays that could be a couple days to a few weeks before the shipping process starts. I'm wondering if that's why Ford is not give anyone ETA's yet.

No, not from my dealer. However, I called Ford Service and found out my build day is 10/12. I was told best case scenario 2-3 weeks after but most likely longer due to the exact reasons you mentioned.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Confirmed today with dealer and with Ford Service FB:

SCAB scheduled build week of Oct 3. I have a VIN as well. I've seen some discussion of timetable of super cabs, perhaps this info helps.

When did you order your SCAB?