Got my VIN and delivery date today!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dewserb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Build week = the week it's scheduled to build.
Build date = the date it's scheduled to build.

Fancy, huh?

And lots of guys (myself included) are getting build DATES. I just haven't seen any ETAs yet. According to the Atlanta Regional Manager, there is no hold for OKTB.

By the way, it takes roughly 10 hours to build a Raptor.

SOAKINRED

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Team Ford Still Waiting

I spoke to Dennis again at Team Ford in Vegas.

I wanted to cancel the CF package to help 'speed up' the order process.

He made it very clear, after hearing several people asking to cancel the CF package with the same hopes, that it is not needed.

When the order is pulled from ford, to be given a VIN etc, they immediately inform the dealer if a 'part' or 'configuration' is not available for supply or cancellation reasons.

He said it is the dealers job, who is in formed immediately of the issue, to contact the customer and see what they want to do. If they then remove that 'part or item', the build continues.

There is a 'good' time period before the order is just 'held' or 'cancelled'. It is not an immediate hold forever or 'put to the end of the line' status from it.

He said cancelling it at this point, is just silly. It may come back into 'play or stock' any time and if I really wanted it, then why cancel it, when my order hasn't even been pulled yet.

Basically said that any dealer that tells customers by 'cancelling' or 'changing' a config it gets their order 'taken' by ford faster is just not knowing what they are saying.

What is 'in' an order is not a factor for ford to pull it sooner or later.
Hope this clears some things up for some people.

Still no vin or build date.

Has anyone buying from Team Ford in Vegas got a build date?

porsche332

Reaction score
I spoke to Dennis again at Team Ford in Vegas.

I wanted to cancel the CF package to help 'speed up' the order process.

He made it very clear, after hearing several people asking to cancel the CF package with the same hopes, that it is not needed.

When the order is pulled from ford, to be given a VIN etc, they immediately inform the dealer if a 'part' or 'configuration' is not available for supply or cancellation reasons.

He said it is the dealers job, who is in formed immediately of the issue, to contact the customer and see what they want to do. If they then remove that 'part or item', the build continues.

There is a 'good' time period before the order is just 'held' or 'cancelled'. It is not an immediate hold forever or 'put to the end of the line' status from it.

He said cancelling it at this point, is just silly. It may come back into 'play or stock' any time and if I really wanted it, then why cancel it, when my order hasn't even been pulled yet.

Basically said that any dealer that tells customers by 'cancelling' or 'changing' a config it gets their order 'taken' by ford faster is just not knowing what they are saying.

What is 'in' an order is not a factor for ford to pull it sooner or later.
Hope this clears some things up for some people.

Now thats funny right there.Waiting for sales rep to tell you that your order is on hold till you add or delete something.