Got my VIN and delivery date today!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cmarko

Reaction score
My dealer just called me and has my 15 platinum trade in sold already. He wants me to come in tonight and sign all the paperwork and trade my truck in and he will give me a loaner until the Raptor comes in. My raptor was built on October 29. I'm just afraid to do that because what happens if the truck doesn't show up for a good long while or it's damaged in delivery or we don't get it until next year....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tell him to pressure Ford to get your new truck instead of pressuring you to live without a truck while Ford is late! ridiculous the way this launch has been handled.

HUFN8OR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got this from the Ford Service Facebook Chat:

"Still no update on your order. Looks like the OK to Buy has gone through for most F-150 models, but I haven't been able to confirm about the Raptors yet. However, I haven't seen any Raptors ship out just yet.

Mariel"

A little background, mine was built on 10/22/16 and has been sitting on the Ramp ever since...waiting to come to me...

srt10viper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Care to share what they gave you for the platinum? I'm trading in a 15 and a 16, on 2 new trucks.

15 platinum screw 4x4 19k miles. Bilstein front leveling springs and shocks. Rear bilstein shocks, folding bed cover, 35x12.50 tires. MSRP was $69,900. Trade in number was $52,000.

cd633764de63921f8f5f82719d2b3561.jpg

lambchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SRTVIPER10, As I'm sure you're aware (especially given the autos owned), your dealer probably wants the truck for a couple reasons, but I imagine he too thought your Raptor would be here already and, as a result, guessing that the number he has it traded / sold for is dependent on the truck having sub 20k miles.

Perhaps he can provide a 150 demo truck??

Best of luck!

srt10viper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SRTVIPER10, As I'm sure you're aware (especially given the autos owned), your dealer probably wants the truck for a couple reasons, but I imagine he too thought your Raptor would be here already and, as a result, guessing that the number he has it traded / sold for is dependent on the truck having sub 20k miles.

Perhaps he can provide a 150 demo truck??

Best of luck!

A local state trooper wants it. He sold it last night. He said I can have a 17 f350 until my Raptor comes in. I'm worried that I'll be paying on a truck I don't have. God forbid it gets damaged in transit, on the lot or even not show up for a few months. It's just crazy...

lambchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There may be a way he can hold the paper work "open". I'm not the most trusting guy, but I know a little about the business. If it's a dealer you've done multiple transactions w/ and have good relationship with, you should be fine. Further, not real sure how they can submit a finance contract on a vehicle that wasn't delivered (betting they can't!). If it's cash, y'all can figure out an agreement. Perhaps have them pay you (hold a check), or payoff trade, apply trade to new purchase for tax reasons.

My biggest concern would be deciding I liked 17 350 better!!!

srt10viper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There may be a way he can hold the paper work "open". I'm not the most trusting guy, but I know a little about the business. If it's a dealer you've done multiple transactions w/ and have good relationship with, you should be fine. Further, not real sure how they can submit a finance contract on a vehicle that wasn't delivered (betting they can't!). If it's cash, y'all can figure out an agreement. Perhaps have them pay you (hold a check), or payoff trade, apply trade to new purchase for tax reasons.

My biggest concern would be deciding I liked 17 350 better!!!

I test drove a '17 F450 and it was AWESOME!!! I had them do a locate today for a 17 F450 Platinum and could not get one. I am financing it threw my company so I have no clue how he would do it. I can't give him my truck now and not do the contract because Maryland has a tax credit for the trade in. If Ford would get off their happy asses and just ship the freaking Raptors this would be a mute point.

lambchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They can generate paper work and change the date/ regenerate when your raptor shows up. It happens. You still get the tax break. The potential hiccup is if you're also writing off the raptor as a business expense and it fails to show by the end of the year. That would suck. I'm in that boat. Anyway, express your concerns to the finance guy/sales manager. They do this everyday.
Looked long and hard at a 17 350. Glorious. Alas, I just don't have any real use for truck that size. Well, other than liking it.

srt10viper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They can generate paper work and change the date/ regenerate when your raptor shows up. It happens. You still get the tax break. The potential hiccup is if you're also writing off the raptor as a business expense and it fails to show by the end of the year. That would suck. I'm in that boat. Anyway, express your concerns to the finance guy/sales manager. They do this everyday.
Looked long and hard at a 17 350. Glorious. Alas, I just don't have any real use for truck that size. Well, other than liking it.

Yeah I need the 179 deduction for this year too.