Got my VIN and delivery date today!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

poison123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At this point, I couldn't agree with you more - especially when it comes to the system generated ETA dates that switched to TBD - in addition to the video that says COMING IN NOVEMBER. However, I don't think anyone's message is being heard by Ford if posted on a forum. If everyone focused on social media, there MIGHT (probably not) be a better response.

Although Ford says trucks won't go on sale until Fall (then late Fall), to those of us who put money down the truck went on sale the moment we wrote a check (July). I believe Ford has an obligation to all of us who have money on the line - albeit to dealers and not Ford corporate - to manage our expectations in a more accurate way given the pre-planning it can take in some instances to change a primary vehicle.

Yup, 100% agree. My beef and why I'm really starting to get pissed off is my financing expires in the next 7 days. So the joy of redoing that is coming up. Not to mention I've got a major trip coming up on Dec 20th to do the Bourbon Trail and then xmas with the family that I wanted this truck for.....and right now I'm not getting the warm and fuzzies that we are going to see them by that date now.

Delmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup, 100% agree. My beef and why I'm really starting to get pissed off is my financing expires in the next 7 days. So the joy of redoing that is coming up. Not to mention I've got a major trip coming up on Dec 20th to do the Bourbon Trail and then xmas with the family that I wanted this truck for.....and right now I'm not getting the warm and fuzzies that we are going to see them by that date now.

Agree again. My truck was build October 21st. My first ETA was November 4th, then November 6th, then TBD. My loan expires on the 26th of November, wanted the truck to cart around all the fam coming in town to visit for Thanksgiving, I leave the country on business after Thanksgiving until the middle of December, then leave the country for vacation with the wife until Christmas, then out of town until after New Year's. Not going to be happy having my truck in the dealer's hands for 1 month+ - I've watched them put regular fuel in a diesel truck.

Maybe tomorrow should be #whereismyraptor day to @FordPerformance on Twitter? Anyone in?

adeerchaser

ALWAYS carry, never tell
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agree again. My truck was build October 21st. My first ETA was November 4th, then November 6th, then TBD. My loan expires on the 26th of November, wanted the truck to cart around all the fam coming in town to visit for Thanksgiving, I leave the country on business after Thanksgiving until the middle of December, then leave the country for vacation with the wife until Christmas, then out of town until after New Year's. Not going to be happy having my truck in the dealer's hands for 1 month+ - I've watched them put regular fuel in a diesel truck.

Maybe tomorrow should be #whereismyraptor day to @FordPerformance on Twitter? Anyone in?

I don't have one ordered, but all ya'll should wear twitter out daily. Ford would not like that much negative media about one of it's prize trucks. Good Luck!

paulhaskew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right there with you guys. I have to take delivery before December 12th or else I cannot take the truck due to personal reasons. Thankfully where I am financing through doesn't have an issue with holding onto things for me.

theBoss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I BOUGHT my truck on 10/24. Built truck with ETA 11/12. Dealer wanted to go ahead and trade so I thought I could manage 2 weeks without a truck. Now I'm a month out with no truck and no idea when I will. A TRUCK I ALREADY OWN. All paper signed and my 50k mile 2014 raptor has been theirs for a month. For a truck I was so excited for, I'm getting less enthused by the day. Doesn't help that 15 people a day ask when I'll get my truck.

First payment due December 8th. Now I'm just hoping I'll have it before then.

Last edited:

Delmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I BOUGHT my truck on 10/24. Built truck with ETA 11/12. Dealer wanted to go ahead and trade so I thought I could manage 2 weeks without a truck. Now I'm a month out with no truck and no idea when I will. A TRUCK I ALREADY OWN. All paper signed and my 50k mile 2014 raptor has been theirs for a month. For a truck I was so excited for, I'm getting less enthused by the day. Doesn't help that 15 people a day ask when I'll get my truck.

Twitter it. #whereismyraptor @FordPerformance

StrikerHawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I'm not doubting you man, but that just seems wrong to already have a loan out and be making payments on a vehicle that you haven't taken delivery of yet. How did a loan company let financing go and how did the dealer cover all of the necessary paperwork without actually having the vehicle ? Obviously having the VIN takes care of a lot of that, but did you have one assigned back on 10/24 ?

Delmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't have twitter but may be worth learning it just to make this point. Thanks

Nothing to learn. Sign up, log-in, in the tweet box:

@FordPerformance what happened to November deliveries of 2017 Ford Raptor (or message of your choosing) #whereismyraptor

Tweet it.

Done. Repeat if frustrated enuff.

ronniegilbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was also going to ask that. I have a window sticker with an 11/19 build date. I am going to now see if it was pushed back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk