Got my VIN and delivery date today!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well I just did my daily "visibility" search on a couple of the orders I'm waiting on. No change in our first Raptor order, still sitting at the ramp. But my truck just got bumped back AGAIN. My truck was supposed to be built 11/14 and then 11/21 and now it's supposed to be built 11/27.... I deal with this every time we have a new build but it still drives me crazy. I'm extremely impatient and hate to wait. Plus I sold my truck 3 weeks ago and am selling my Focus ST today.

srt10viper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I just did my daily "visibility" search on a couple of the orders I'm waiting on. No change in our first Raptor order, still sitting at the ramp. But my truck just got bumped back AGAIN. My truck was supposed to be built 11/14 and then 11/21 and now it's supposed to be built 11/27.... I deal with this every time we have a new build but it still drives me crazy. I'm extremely impatient and hate to wait. Plus I sold my truck 3 weeks ago and am selling my Focus ST today.

Darin mine went to storage what THE HELL does that mean???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Darin mine went to storage what THE HELL does that mean???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Means the ramp is getting full so it's gone to a holding lot.

Thanks for the update Darin. Man, this is getting depressing....

I know it's hard to wait but as I've said many times already this delay is typical for new build units. That holds true for all of our products not just the specialty stuff. Initial launch success of a model is so critical that Ford will not give the OKTB until they are satisfied that the truck is right.

As hard as it is to wait for the truck it's well worth it in the long run. I'd rather wait for my truck an extra couple of weeks than have to deal with getting it in service to have issues fixed.

poison123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some one ask that ************* Mike Levine on twitter what the latest is....I'm curious if its another "soon" ******** answer.

Delmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some one ask that ************* Mike Levine on twitter what the latest is....I'm curious if its another "soon" ******** answer.

Asked him 2x this week - first response was "Very soon." - second response "Will be worth the wait!".

In his defense, I doubt he makes any decisions related to when vehicles come out - his sole purpose in life is to adhere to Ford's policies related to confidential information and product roadmaps and balance that with a positive message to the public. I'm sure he's not sitting on the trucks with his finger on the OKTB switch.

poison123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Asked him 2x this week - first response was "Very soon." - second response "Will be worth the wait!".

In his defense, I doubt he makes any decisions related to when vehicles come out - his sole purpose in life is to adhere to Ford's policies related to confidential information and product roadmaps and balance that with a positive message to the public. I'm sure he's not sitting on the trucks with his finger on the OKTB switch.

He's given out a lot of bad info in the past. And "Very Soon" and "Will be worth the wait" are horse shit answers. They should be able to give us the Day or at least the week on when these will start shipping.

Delmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He's given out a lot of bad info in the past. And "Very Soon" and "Will be worth the wait" are horse shit answers. They should be able to give us the Day or at least the week on when these will start shipping.

At this point, I couldn't agree with you more - especially when it comes to the system generated ETA dates that switched to TBD - in addition to the video that says COMING IN NOVEMBER. However, I don't think anyone's message is being heard by Ford if posted on a forum. If everyone focused on social media, there MIGHT (probably not) be a better response.

Although Ford says trucks won't go on sale until Fall (then late Fall), to those of us who put money down the truck went on sale the moment we wrote a check (July). I believe Ford has an obligation to all of us who have money on the line - albeit to dealers and not Ford corporate - to manage our expectations in a more accurate way given the pre-planning it can take in some instances to change a primary vehicle.

taco-13

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Do you have a window sticker for your truck with the dates changing so many times