Got my VIN and delivery date today!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mr Roarke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree somewhat. I like order and waiting your turn. Unfortunately if you're not from California, you've got no idea the number of ****** bags here with more money than they know what to do with. In a simple system honoring whoever ordered first you'd see ******** here ordering 2, 3, or more raptors; multiply by endless number of silicon valley hipsters, and you can see how this would quickly get out of control. Ford would be forced to get those all filled before a regular Joe in MO, LA, VA, NY, etc. Looking at the bigger picture I don't think a strict honoring of the sequential order number would be fair.

That's why you get your order in before they do.

armyturtle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's why you get your order in before they do.

Ever tried to order something online that was in tight supply? Dealers are putting orders in FOR you, on a system that's electronic. In an electronic system even 5 seconds can see hundreds if not thousands of orders ahead of you.

As a case-in-point demonstration, I dare you to try to obtain the cool new micro sized NES Classic Edition today on Amazon that includes 30 games installed on it. It'll be placed for sale on Amazon at exactly 2pm (PST) [or 5pm EST]. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01IFJBQ1E/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

**Don't forget to click the drop down and change your choice from "Extra Controller" to "Console + One Controller" before trying to order later.

You'll get a nice demo of competition of placing an order in an electronic system on something in high demand.

Mr Roarke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ever tried to order something online that was in tight supply? Dealers are putting orders in FOR you, on a system that's electronic. In an electronic system even 5 seconds can see hundreds if not thousands of orders ahead of you.

As a case-in-point demonstration, I dare you to try to obtain the cool new micro sized NES Classic Edition today on Amazon that includes 30 games installed on it. It'll be placed for sale on Amazon at exactly 2pm (PST) [or 5pm EST]. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01IFJBQ1E/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

**Don't forget to click the drop down and change your choice from "Extra Controller" to "Console + One Controller" before trying to order later.

You'll get a nice demo of competition of placing an order in an electronic system on something in high demand.

This is not the same thing. There will be 2x,××× of the raptors made. There was absolutely no competition for the first 10 days of ordering the raptor, in fact I will go on as saying there were probably only 2,000 of the 2xxxx they will build ordered in the first 10 days. (I was constantly visiting forums and hardly anyone ordered earlier than I did. Maybe 20 that I seen) Word gets out now there are probably 15,000 ordered total of the 2xxxx. 5 months later. This is a 60 to 75000 item it's not the same as a 50 dollar toy that a teenager can afford. The demand wasn't thru the roof and it still isn't. Ford could pump these things out almost as fast as f150s. It makes zero sense why they couldn't build these things first come first serve.

I would never even consider buying one from a California dealer, even if I lived there. They are of a different mind set there.

Last edited:

ronniegilbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tend to agree with this and will find out in the next six months. My fear is after the early frenzy dealers will then sell below MSRP but still doubt that will happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oceanbnd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SOooo...I have a VIN, but haven't gotten a window sticker yet. For some foolish reason I thought I could just go to a generic dealers website, enter the VIN and vwalla...a print out but I get back a message saying "access to this window sticker has been restricted on this site" (forddirect.com)

Suggestions?

akaie15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SOooo...I have a VIN, but haven't gotten a window sticker yet. For some foolish reason I thought I could just go to a generic dealers website, enter the VIN and vwalla...a print out but I get back a message saying "access to this window sticker has been restricted on this site" (forddirect.com)

Suggestions?

The window sticker will be available about one week prior to your build date. You can find the build date by contacting ford social or ford on Facebook.

taco-13

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Suggestions?

Same thing happen to me. I called the dealer and they emailed it to me. To this day it still says its restricted.