Got my VIN and delivery date today!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96LT4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not doubting you man, but that just seems wrong to already have a loan out and be making payments on a vehicle that you haven't taken delivery of yet. How did a loan company let financing go and how did the dealer cover all of the necessary paperwork without actually having the vehicle ? Obviously having the VIN takes care of a lot of that, but did you have one assigned back on 10/24 ?

I may have to do the same thing to get it in before the end of the year...it's a business write off in my case. The VIN is enough for the contract.

Oris19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Means the ramp is getting full so it's gone to a holding lot.

I know it's hard to wait but as I've said many times already this delay is typical for new build units. That holds true for all of our products not just the specialty stuff. Initial launch success of a model is so critical that Ford will not give the OKTB until they are satisfied that the truck is right.

As hard as it is to wait for the truck it's well worth it in the long run. I'd rather wait for my truck an extra couple of weeks than have to deal with getting it in service to have issues fixed.

I agree

theBoss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Truck built 10/20. Financed through Ford. 8th vehicle through this dealer and Ford. Everything went just like every other deal just no vehicle to pickup. Have no idea what they did different on their end but I signed and turned over my truck just line normal.

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Truck built 10/20. Financed through Ford. 8th vehicle through this dealer and Ford. Everything went just like every other deal just no vehicle to pickup. Have no idea what they did different on their end but I signed and turned over my truck just line normal.

I can't believe they can do that. We don't get a CO (Certificate of Origin) until the vehicle gets here. With no CO we can't produce a title. The banks we deal with won't fund the contract (pay us) if we don't submit copies of the completed CO along with the rest of their required paperwork.

srt10viper

Full Access Member
Reaction score

My dealer just called me and has my 15 platinum trade in sold already. He wants me to come in tonight and sign all the paperwork and trade my truck in and he will give me a loaner until the Raptor comes in. My raptor was built on October 29. I'm just afraid to do that because what happens if the truck doesn't show up for a good long while or it's damaged in delivery or we don't get it until next year....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Delmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
May not have a truck but I've got a twitter account out of it. Account made and ?tweet? sent. I don't expect it to accomplish anything but atleast I feel like I did something. Thanks

If everyone who's ordered one and wants to the details of the current status would do the same thing - it may result in a response. One at a time...

@FordPerformance #whereismyraptor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eX3fiQLo84

Dryhole

Reaction score
My dealer in Pa. called me this morning and told me his regional rep told him this morning that Raptor is OKTB.

96LT4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dealer just called me and has my 15 platinum trade in sold already. He wants me to come in tonight and sign all the paperwork and trade my truck in and he will give me a loaner until the Raptor comes in. My raptor was built on October 29. I'm just afraid to do that because what happens if the truck doesn't show up for a good long while or it's damaged in delivery or we don't get it until next year....

Care to share what they gave you for the platinum? I'm trading in a 15 and a 16, on 2 new trucks.