GEN3 Forscan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

taquitos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only DTC I have is for HVAC for some reason (though I did install a '21 unit to get the temp numbers) and my glare-free absolutely works flawlessly with no DTCs.
This is what I’ve got. DTCs for leveling and swiveling actuators and I believe the cameras that I believe control anti-glare or high beams. Oddly only ever have gotten the dash notification when the headlights have been off. Cleared the DTCs and will see if it comes back. Might just be a bad connection somewhere.

*Was just driving around on some dark winding roads and the headlights and anti glare definitely are still working normally. Chalking this one up to a random glitch for now.
IMG_3309.jpeg

Last edited:

Staticroof

Reaction score
The only DTC I have is for HVAC for some reason (though I did install a '21 unit to get the temp numbers) and my glare-free absolutely works flawlessly with no DTCs.
I have the DTC for the HVAC after upgrading to the 2021 head as well with no issues with the glare free.

Syberspace

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is what I’ve got. DTCs for leveling and swiveling actuators and I believe the cameras that I believe control anti-glare or high beams. Oddly only ever have gotten the dash notification when the headlights have been off. Cleared the DTCs and will see if it comes back. Might just be a bad connection somewhere.

*Was just driving around on some dark winding roads and the headlights and anti glare definitely are still working normally. Chalking this one up to a random glitch for now.
View attachment 421684
I noted the same fault on mine. I cleared it and it stayed off after a few ignition cycles. Will keep an eye on it.

taquitos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I noted the same fault on mine. I cleared it and it stayed off after a few ignition cycles. Will keep an eye on it.
I had the truck in at a dealer for some other warranty related things. They said those codes could be related to the headlight switch. Apparently some of the 21 and 22s have issues with it that don’t affect driving but can result in the headlights turning on randomly with the truck off. A headlights switch issue would kind of make sense because the scenario where the notification pops up on the dash and DTCs are created is as if some part of the truck suddenly is looking for the lights to be on while they are actually off and should remain off.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is there a way to disable rear DRLs? I picked up a Canadian truck a few days ago and would love to disable DRL for just rear.
Probably (maybe?) going into FORScan and setting the option reverse of what we usually do to get the parking lights on with DRL. Are all the lights on (minus headlights) the way it is now, or just the amber headlight surrounds (no three markers in the grill or fender markers) or is it everything?

Jmeo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Probably (maybe?) going into FORScan and setting the option reverse of what we usually do to get the parking lights on with DRL. Are all the lights on (minus headlights) the way it is now, or just the amber headlight surrounds (no three markers in the grill or fender markers) or is it everything?

I was going to suggest the same thing. I imagine this would be how to get what he is after.

Raptorbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have all the amber lights on up front without headlights and also the rear markers and tails on low. There is an option A and option B on DRL conditions that’s all that really stands out to me. I just want to have it like the USDM has them, just DRL up front.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have all the amber lights on up front without headlights and also the rear markers and tails on low. There is an option A and option B on DRL conditions that’s all that really stands out to me. I just want to have it like the USDM has them, just DRL up front.
That is exactly how my truck was from factory ABD with just the front. Not sure I ever had an option A or B (unless you're referring to within FORScan itself using the guided menu options). See my values below for my ABD information. Hope this works out for you! This is in the BodyCM module. You will need to use the As Built menu option within FORScan instead of the guided option in order to make the below change (likely).

Code:
726-38-01 xxxx xxxx 0Axx

If your values were 01 (DRL + Parking Lights) instead of 0A (DRL only) this should hopefully make it work for you. If your values are something else entirely, that could be something new or unusual. Take note of what they are before you make the change. Also, you can download your entire ABD data from this link for archival purposes!

As always, tagging @Antho because I am a well-known half-idiot sometimes and he always has our back here on FRF with FORScan!

Raptorbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is exactly how my truck was from factory ABD with just the front. Not sure I ever had an option A or B (unless you're referring to within FORScan itself using the guided menu options). See my values below for my ABD information. Hope this works out for you! This is in the BodyCM module. You will need to use the As Built menu option within FORScan instead of the guided option in order to make the below change (likely).

Code:
726-38-01 xxxx xxxx 0Axx

If your values were 01 (DRL + Parking Lights) instead of 0A (DRL only) this should hopefully make it work for you. If your values are something else entirely, that could be something new or unusual. Take note of what they are before you make the change. Also, you can download your entire ABD data from this link for archival purposes!

As always, tagging @Antho because I am a well-known half-idiot sometimes and he always has our back here on FRF with FORScan!
Awesome thank you very much. I’ll need to learn up a little bit on backing up before messing with it. I appreciate it!