GEN3 Forscan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Awesome thank you very much. I’ll need to learn up a little bit on backing up before messing with it. I appreciate it!
You can download the entire AB file from the link I provided. You can (and should) back up every individual module before making changes. It's right there in FORScan once you load the module, to save it to a file. You can also have FORScan download your vehicle's ABD from Ford, as well, if you attempt to "load factory values" from within FORScan. It'll prompt you to see if you want it to download it, and then it'll be saved within your vehicle profile if things ever go sideways.

I did both, as it's convenient to have FORScan hold a copy, but I also have multiple backups of my individual modules, plus from Ford via the link above.

Raptorbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can download the entire AB file from the link I provided. You can (and should) back up every individual module before making changes. It's right there in FORScan once you load the module, to save it to a file. You can also have FORScan download your vehicle's ABD from Ford, as well, if you attempt to "load factory values" from within FORScan. It'll prompt you to see if you want it to download it, and then it'll be saved within your vehicle profile if things ever go sideways.

I did both, as it's convenient to have FORScan hold a copy, but I also have multiple backups of my individual modules, plus from Ford via the link above.

OK thanks again! just did the download from your link. I'll do it again on my crappy ASUS laptop that I use just for forscan as well to have a second backup. So after the kids go down for bed I'll backup the modules and then try changing that value.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
OK thanks again! just did the download from your link. I'll do it again on my crappy ASUS laptop that I use just for forscan as well to have a second backup. So after the kids go down for bed I'll backup the modules and then try changing that value.
Heck yeah! Let us know!

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So here’s what mine says. Am I looking at it wrong or is it not lining up?
IMG_3231~3.jpeg
Just change the 1 to an A. That should get you set! If not, change it back to start over and we'll go from there!

EDIT: You can hit write just for that module as well instead of writing/overwriting the entire thing. It looks like it's just for 726-38-02, but it's for the entire 726-38 module. Less writing is better.

Raptorbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
View attachment 422554
Just change the 1 to an A. That should get you set! If not, change it back to start over and we'll go from there!

EDIT: You can hit write just for that module as well instead of writing/overwriting the entire thing. It looks like it's just for 726-38-02, but it's for the entire 726-38 module. Less writing is better.
I got an error and it got stuck at 51%. I exited it out the procedure and went back into as built. It remained 01D6. The error was “incompatible configuration”

Last edited:

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I got an error and it got stuck at 51%. I exited it out the procedure and went back into as built. It remained 01D6. The error was “incompatible configuration”
That's interesting... Did you write just the one module or the whole thing? Perhaps the auto generated checksum at the end didn't compute right.

All you can do is try it out again! You can always go back to how it was. Who knows what differences different markets may have scattered about the entire truck.

Raptorbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's interesting... Did you write just the one module or the whole thing? Perhaps the auto generated checksum at the end didn't compute right.

All you can do is try it out again! You can always go back to how it was. Who knows what differences different markets may have scattered about the entire truck.
I just clicked write on just that line. I tried it a second time with the same result

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just clicked write on just that line. I tried it a second time with the same result
That doesn't make sense to me, but I don't know much compared to @Antho when it comes to this stuff.

I can't believe that CAN would have something different than a truck in UAE that does the same thing that you're asking. Gotta be something simple, that's usually the problem.

I'm sorry!

Raptorbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That doesn't make sense to me, but I don't know much compared to @Antho when it comes to this stuff.

I can't believe that CAN would have something different than a truck in UAE that does the same thing that you're asking. Gotta be something simple, that's usually the problem.

I'm sorry!
Hey at the end of the day it’s just parking lights, no biggie. I appreciate all the help!