Ford Performance Air/Oil separator for 3.5L EcoBoost

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JustACowboy64

Reaction score
Installed the Ford Performance Air/Oil separator on my 23’ Raptor. Easy install, well except for getting the DS stock hoses off. Will see how much they catch at next oil change.

Attachments

• IMG_7152.jpeg
    IMG_7152.jpeg
    117.6 KB · Views: 110

Aurik

Reaction score
For the cost, its not worth it. You can get the OSC one for the passenger side for $150. Driver side is pretty much unnecessary.

Plus, I have the FP one for my GT350, and it sucks to clean out. Taking a can off is so much easier.
Pardon my ignorance, but why is the drivers side unnecessary?

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The passenger side produces 90% of the oil….supposedly. They are both technically necessary, but considering the new eco boost has the port injection in addition to direct injection, most find it solidly within the law of diminished returns.

Swacer_2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Because unless you are tracking the vehicle, you are getting little to no pickup from that side. Most of your oil is going to be picked up by the passenger.

So look at it this way....do you catch 90% of your oil for $150....or catch 100% for $750.

Hard bargain there lol

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i vaguely remember this discussion on lightning rodder way back. Supposedly if you were in boost a lot the drivers side would build up a tad more, but thats with early 2000s pcvs and heavily modified supercharged engines. Also for whatever reason tapping into the drivers side on some designs triggers some kind of CEL

anyway, i like my FP one on my gen 2, lil annoying to clean and i wish it was held in better, but looks cool at least and does a good job. kinda stupid they force you to get both now, i think mine was under $200 from ford