Final Pics. Compressor/Hornblaster Installed!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Big Blue

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will probably get the 240 kit. Can you really drill into the frame rails to install these? It just seems like you would need a hell of a good bit. How thick are the rails? I will probably try to get as close to BigBlues setup as possible. That looks nice. Blue, where did u pickup that rubber piece to go over the connector by the plate?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk and a budweiser can

Ace Hardware. They have those plastic caps in a bunch of sizes. Fits perfect. I think a pack of 4 was like $3.

---------- Post added at 07:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:03 PM ----------

yes it will turn the compressor on when it drops below a certian psi(i think 90) just like a "garage air compressor" and turn off when it hits a certian psi(usually 150). it probably wont fill all 4 tires without turning on the compressor but it will do the job. my last truck i could air up my 35x12.50x20 tires. the compressor will cycle on and off a few times. i tried to give it a break in between tires so it wasnt constantly running.

:signs75: on everything. Takes about 60 seconds from empty to full.

Same with the air tools. Works just like a garage air compressor with 150 psi. Its pretty cool.

and dont even get me started on the Train Horn. I am having way too much fun at other peoples expense!!!!!! :laughing1:

Pynenut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So i never got an answer as to actually drilling into the rails to install the kit. Is that what needs to be done? What type of tools would i need? Thx.

AlternativeOffroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
So i never got an answer as to actually drilling into the rails to install the kit. Is that what needs to be done? What type of tools would i need? Thx.

I haven't drilled the frame to install, but for a clean install yes you'd have to drill into your frame rail to install it. You're going to need a heavy duty drill and a really nice bit, and a lot of elbow grease to make everything work smoothly!

SwampKing

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For the horns to keep out debri and water repellant (not proof), you can try ordering some Outerwears®. I use them on all my quads on the air filters and shocks. The OuterWears® come in multiple sizes. I'm sure AlternativeOffroad can supply you or link you. Measure the size of your horn tips to better assist you and to help keep them installed, use a thick Pony tail. Here's a picture of the shock and filter wears I'm referring to...
uru9a5eb.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Big Blue

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just an update for those guys interested in this system.

Yes, It's awesome and I love it, but I did make one minor tweak to my set-up and would recommend/suggest the same for you.

Initally, I set it up with the compressor direct to power and the trainhorn on switch #3.

This past weekend, I took the compressor off direct power and reconnected it to switch #4 instead.

The reason: I just got tired of hearing the compressor first thing in the AM when I would get in or if me and the mrs. would go out to eat, it can be a bit loud when idling,sitting. This way, I now control when the compressor goes on and I turn in on, when I'm moving, so I dont hear it. I had the last switch open anyway, so what the heck...I prefer it this way much more. It took all of 10 minutes to reroute from direct power to switch #4.

Regards.

OP
OP
Big Blue

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so Big Blue,

First the setup is Awesome!!
after you hit AUX 4...how long before
you can start blasting with AUX3?
Thanks.

Assuming the tank was empty when I hit Aux #4 (power), 30 secs.

If I was previously in the truck within a 1/2 hour, the airtank will still remain full and I can start blasting right away.

I must have fired off at least 100 trainblasts so far...and still laugh everytime! :laughing1:

But...Lets not forgot the practically of the system for use as a 150 psi Aircompressor. I was at the track with a buddy of mine over the weekend.

He trailer his car up with street tires still on and slicks on the trailer. I offered him a hand. First I hooked up the impact gun and removed his two rear wheels and reinstalled with slicks and swtiched to the air hose and filled his tires.....

His jaw was on the ground the whole time. He must of said, "Thats FKin Awesome about 42 time".