Final Pics. Compressor/Hornblaster Installed!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would absolutely put the compressor on a switch I wouldn't let it start until the truck is running and not try to kick on right as the truck starts. U could get an under voltage and burn up the motor or something is leaking air in the system the compressor will always try to run to keep psi unless u pull the fuse. Def give it a switched power source off a ckt that is only on while the truck is running so u don't kill the battery. The up fitter switches are perfect for it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

AlternativeOffroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Oh yes, switch it! That was one of the points with the first kit we ever installed. On my personal F150, I have a Viper alarm and during the middle of the night, the horns would honk synchronized every second to the alarm because the compressor would cause the alarm to go off, so that got old real quick. Switched the compressor so I turn it off at night, and in the morning usually it's still at pressure

OP
OP
Big Blue

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Coming home from work last night. Some ****** in a Prius, makes a right turn at an intersection directly in front of me...and no turn singles.....His windows were down too...so Hornblaster!!!!!

Just as he was turning...I got a glimpse of the shear terror in his eyes!!!!!!

Priceless :lol2:

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy and frf rolodex
Supporting Member
Reaction score
damn i need to get those on all my vehicles....... i would love to see the look on people faces when i hit that horn

jvrptr23

Reaction score
Coming home from work last night. Some ****** in a Prius, makes a right turn at an intersection directly in front of me...and no turn singles.....His windows were down too...so Hornblaster!!!!!

Just as he was turning...I got a glimpse of the shear terror in his eyes!!!!!!

Priceless :lol2:

thats awesome!!!:laughing1: so how much did the whole set up run? i have been thinking about this for a month now

OP
OP
Big Blue

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thats awesome!!!:laughing1: so how much did the whole set up run? i have been thinking about this for a month now

I got the kit and some accessories from Alternative Offroad here for $500 and my shop charged me $500 for the install (Parts/Labor).