Final Pics. Compressor/Hornblaster Installed!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Big Blue

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
how do you switch from the city horn to the train horn

I dont. I still have the regular steering wheel horn. The trainhorn is on one of the aux switches. :favorites13:

mrpork

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the "toggle switch" that they give you in the kit i thought that wouod switch from city to train. if not what is it for any idea. i noticed that you mounted the horns on the lower pan in the front... did you make a certain pan or is that the stock skid plate that you drilled into.
I dont. I still have the regular steering wheel horn. The trainhorn is on one of the aux switches. :favorites13:

Last edited:

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Blue, did you just bolt the horns directly to the skid plate? Any issues with this yet as far as runs go?

OP
OP
Big Blue

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Blue, did you just bolt the horns directly to the skid plate? Any issues with this yet as far as runs go?

Hey Mobile.

I attached the Horns to a sheet of galvinized sheet metal and then bolted that directly on top of the skid plate. It was a perfect fit and very stealthy.

Now to answer your second question; Yes!

The horns are fine at that location, but the frame mount location for the compressor and tank is a big no no!

If you do any serious offroading, its only a matter of time. My set-up got destroyed at Havoc, as a matter of fact, I just spend a hour yesturday removing what was left....

Bed mount is the only way to go IMO, unless you got a street queen.

OP
OP
Big Blue

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you think if you'd have used the mounting bracket it would have been alright?

No, the Regulator box got ripped off, huge gash down the side of the tank and the compressor must have taken a direct hit against a rock.

Not only did all these parts get trashed, but in my removal process it was also obvious that if you want any life from this set-up, the frame mount is a bad spot. There was packed in mud/rocks from 2 years worth of offoading. When I was at Snoball, it froze solid from being completely impacted with snow/ice.

My experience should be a good lession for future installs.