Final Pics. Compressor/Hornblaster Installed!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AlternativeOffroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I'd be worried about freaking people out and them doing something even more stupid in response (swerving, looking in a different direction, etc.)

Anyone use these offroad or is it more for towing/fun?

I want la cucaracha horns

I'm always aware of what people are doing when I honk it. You just gotta be smart, NEVER honk when you are right next to a car, always do it a good distance away as to not give the driver a heart attack. I try to avoid it on the freeway as well

Pynenut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you use the hornblaster kit as an air compressor "out of the box" or did you have to make any modifications? I see that you made the connector in the rear, but other than that, do you have to change anything? I'm considering this kit, along with some d2's.

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Can you use the hornblaster kit as an air compressor "out of the box" or did you have to make any modifications? I see that you made the connector in the rear, but other than that, do you have to change anything? I'm considering this kit, along with some d2's.

yes u can. the only thing i did on my last kit on my gmc was add a quick disconnect. i used it to fill tires, rafts, and once a blow up doll for a bachelor party!

Pynenut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool! So one last question. I'm new to these and wanted to know how they "refilled". So, once you use up all the available air, do they "refill" themselves like regular garage air compressors? Is there enough there in a 2 gallon to "air up" from 25psi to 44psi on all 4 stock raptor tires?

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Cool! So one last question. I'm new to these and wanted to know how they "refilled". So, once you use up all the available air, do they "refill" themselves like regular garage air compressors? Is there enough there in a 2 gallon to "air up" from 25psi to 44psi on all 4 stock raptor tires?

yes it will turn the compressor on when it drops below a certian psi(i think 90) just like a "garage air compressor" and turn off when it hits a certian psi(usually 150). it probably wont fill all 4 tires without turning on the compressor but it will do the job. my last truck i could air up my 35x12.50x20 tires. the compressor will cycle on and off a few times. i tried to give it a break in between tires so it wasnt constantly running.

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
no problem. u got me thinking now. i was gonna sell my old kit and get a better new one but now i am gonna buy a new one and mount my old setup on my polaris rzr.

AlternativeOffroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yeah it's seriously such a good setup. I've got the 232 kit on my truck and I put a female quick disconnect on the bottom of the tank, so when I need air I just pull out my coil hose and I have the pressure regulator set at 120/150 psi. It's awesome

Pynenut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will probably get the 240 kit. Can you really drill into the frame rails to install these? It just seems like you would need a hell of a good bit. How thick are the rails? I will probably try to get as close to BigBlues setup as possible. That looks nice. Blue, where did u pickup that rubber piece to go over the connector by the plate?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk and a budweiser can