Doug Demuro Gen3 Review.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98rangerdave

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To be fair, adding 37s to any truck costs under $1300, why is everyone freaking out about the new raptor coming with them factory? Blah blah blah, no rubbing/clearance issues, matching spare, factory warranty….. as said before with a simple middle perch (or collar for Gen 2) you can fit 37s with minimal effort.

Derrick

Reaction score
I use to watch once and awhile way back but , he got too annoying on some rare cars and over pricing the value by 1000% got sick of that then stopped. He did show some tips and tricks on some cars i was interested in and learned a couple of things. This review of the Raptor was sad and he missed quite a few options that are new and went to far on details of options that are from year to year. Doesn't the tail gate have a power close option?

DeepSeaMofo423

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hahahaha! The dumbest thing he said!” All REAL Raptor people /enthusiasts will wait for the Raptor R….” The TRX is better…. Only on asphalt! Doug you have ******* no clue what the hell you are talking about! Keep overly waving your arms and fly the hell out of here!

DeepSeaMofo423

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You aren't his target audience. He's not trying to appeal to the guys who already know all the details and work on their own vehicles. He gets that a lot of people are looking for some function and practicality as well as status, and not so much the details about various suspension. Generally, I think he takes a good point of view with these reviews. Certainly not the only review I'd want to look at though.

In this case though, I do think he missed a lot of important features and went into too much detail on some stuff that was already on the previous generation of F150s and Raptors. Way too much time spent on the tailgate step for example. At the same time though, he brushed over or didn't even mention heated/cooled seats, memory seats, auto wipers/lights. Yes, those aren't new either and don't need much explanation, but worth a mention for this sort of review.
He said jack **** about any of the new “TRX crushing defeats” on off road angles and suspension (5 link)… all he cares about is HO/TQ… Sorry but the worst review I have seen yet on the most capable Raptor on the road…. He keeps saying “odd things” over and over…. the only the odd thing is his damn arms flapping all the time!

xlr8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To be fair, adding 37s to any truck costs under $1300, why is everyone freaking out about the new raptor coming with them factory? Blah blah blah, no rubbing/clearance issues, matching spare, factory warranty….. as said before with a simple middle perch (or collar for Gen 2) you can fit 37s with minimal effort.
Sorry but have to disagree, and here's why. Adding 37's to a Gen 2 with just a collar in the front will destroy your front fenders...if you use the truck how it's meant to be used. It's well documented and i've seen it firsthand. For street driving sure but offroad with just a level you're asking for trouble.

What people are excited about and willing to pay extra for are 37s with a warranty. So if you rub or do something unusual well go to your friendly dealer and get it repaired.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
overproduced=you mean popular. And so is the raptor.

Looks nothing like the ram rebel, which is the closest ram version to the trx. Super obvious differences.

37's. alright, not impressed. I like the 35's but don't see any reason to need more than that, it's not a rock crawler. The 37 decal looks ******* dumb.

I can appreciate the new rear end. Now in the real world will it make that much a difference? maybe a bit for on road manners. leaf springs remained in the rear of trucks for so long for a good reason.
He said jack **** about any of the new “TRX crushing defeats” on off road angles and suspension (5 link)… all he cares about is HO/TQ… Sorry but the worst review I have seen yet on the most capable Raptor on the road…. He keeps saying “odd things” over and over…. the only the odd thing is his damn arms flapping all the time!
The same goes for the TFL reviews. Anytime a TRX is in one of them there eyes light up and it’s about the power and 0-60 primarily. If the hellcat motor wasn’t in this truck, it would have been forgotten about already. But Ram knew it was the key feature too.

spizike9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where are you finding 37x12.5s for under $325 a tire?

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sorry but have to disagree, and here's why. Adding 37's to a Gen 2 with just a collar in the front will destroy your front fenders...if you use the truck how it's meant to be used. It's well documented and i've seen it firsthand. For street driving sure but offroad with just a level you're asking for trouble.

What people are excited about and willing to pay extra for are 37s with a warranty. So if you rub or do something unusual well go to your friendly dealer and get it repaired.
This is almost all exactly true. But if you break a production vehicle under warranty off road being dirt or asphalt track/strip and they catch on to it. Well it’s not all guaranteed you will get that warranty fix.

I have seen a couple of reviews now, that definitely reinforce the pros and cons to a 35 or 37 truck. The 37 truck for pure off road has the advantage in most cases. But offline acceleration and range goes to the 35” truck. Highway range you will lose 2mpg they are saying. Things to think about. But larger tire, taller truck cred at the mall is surely a 37 way to go. Performance in different ways is real and so is looks in that matter.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Agreed that those who really want an offroad capabilities review are not his target audience.