Doug Demuro Gen3 Review.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptorbegone

Reaction score
If your a mall crawlers I’m sure you would and there’s plenty of guys like you. Nothing wrong with it as you say, some guys wear dresses and like to rev the big bad V8 in the Starbucks line.

I as well as other real ones prefer to have the truck in the environment it was built for which is where the suspension is more important than the cool engine noise.
Thats pretty cool you live in baja!! you know, the environment it was built for.

What truck has both the cool suspension and cool engine noise?.....................

Kaz109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats pretty cool you live in baja!! you know, the environment it was built for.

What truck has both the cool suspension and cool engine noise?.....................
I use the truck as it was intended not for noise around town. The better truck in the one that has equal suspension and is over 600lbs lighter. You are looking at this from a pavement princess point of view so I wouldn’t expect you to under stand but I look forward to the off road comparisons. TRX is a great truck just not up to Raptor level in the field it was meant to.

Raptorbegone

Reaction score
I use the truck as it was intended not for noise around town. The better truck in the one that has equal suspension and is over 600lbs lighter. You are looking at this from a pavement princess point of view so I wouldn’t expect you to under stand but I look forward to the off road comparisons. TRX is a great truck just not up to Raptor level in the field it was meant to.
nah man. I'm from the real world. Where the majority of driving is still done on actual roads, no matter how much you think you are off road.

yawn

Kaz109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nah man. I'm from the real world. Where the majority of driving is still done on actual roads, no matter how much you think you are off road.

yawn
I love when people use that logic, The reality is everybody is going to go to the store and do some shopping in a vehicle But I’m not gonna say one sports cars better than the other because I can fit more groceries in it. With your same logic you would throw MPG in there since you know the majority of ppl that daily these on pavement would factor in MPG. You can’t pick and choose your argument.

You’re right the majority of the roads are not the playground these trucks were built for however I’m not gonna say which one is better based on which one is better in the environment that they are not built for.

Last edited:

Raptorbegone

Reaction score
I love when people use that logic, The reality is everybody is going to go to the store and do some shopping in a vehicle But I’m not gonna say one sports cars better than the other because I can fit more groceries in it. With your same logic you would throw MPG in there since you know the majority of ppl that daily these on pavement would factor in MPG. You can’t pick and choose your argument.

You’re right the majority of the roads or not the playground these trucks were built for however I’m not gonna say which one is better based on which one is better in the environment that they are not built for.
Glad you love it. I'm here for you

WestTXRaptor6

Full Access Member
Reaction score

You’re right the majority of the roads or not the playground these trucks were built for however I’m not gonna say which one is better based on which one is better in the environment that they are not built for.
You can't make a post using the word logic and then have the entirety of you post be gibberish.

Kaz109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can't make a post using the word logic and then have the entirety of you post be gibberish.
Entirely of “ you “ post? Nothing is wrong with my post. If you understand English and have reading comprehension you would understand. So which one are you lacking?

Raptor37

Full Access Member
Reaction score

yawn
The only comment I have to this is, why even get an offroad truck when, as you say, "I'm from the real world. Where the majority of driving is still done on actual roads"?

With this logic, you should just stick with a Challenger Helcat or maybe Charger, or even a GT500 (I'd say GTR too but you seem to like that SC V8 sound). The point is, there are much better road options if that's the world you're comparing your vehicle to the Raptor in...

To be honest, I think your truck IS better than a Raptor on the road! It's faster and sounds better and no reasonable person should argue that. However, when it comes to offroad, the Raptor is lighter, has more suspension travel front and back, has an actual LSD front diff, and better approach angles all around. So it's literally a better offroad truck based on measurements alone...

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The only comment I have to this is, why even get an offroad truck when, as you say, "I'm from the real world. Where the majority of driving is still done on actual roads"?

With this logic, you should just stick with a Challenger Helcat or maybe Charger, or even a GT500 (I'd say GTR too but you seem to like that SC V8 sound). The point is, there are much better road options if that's the world you're comparing your vehicle to the Raptor in...

To be honest, I think your truck IS better than a Raptor on the road! It's faster and sounds better and no reasonable person should argue that. However, when it comes to offroad, the Raptor is lighter, has more suspension travel front and back, has an actual LSD front diff, and better approach angles all around. So it's literally a better offroad truck based on measurements alone...
The majority of my driving is on pavement. But I go off road a lot. And I want one vehicle that can do it all, not a daily and a toy. I have to make trade offs. The Raptor hits a sweet spot that way. Is it the best you can get in any one category? Don't be silly. But for a factory vehicle with a warranty, it does everything I need and more. Anyone who looks at one or two specs and declares a vehicle "best" is buying a single-purpose toy. That's fine, but why not just build exactly what you want? You'll end up with a much better vehicle by your yardstick.

Raptorbegone

Reaction score

I'd already have one of those if they were more useful. like a truck is.
the raptor does me fine for now. I just keep an open mind.