Doug Demuro Gen3 Review.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MookeyB37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great review but holy hell he’s def on the spectrum!

Ive been so unsure about that blue interior but in this video I like it. From the backseat, it’s def a whole lotta blue.

98rangerdave

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He goo'ed his pants over the Gen2 Supercab he reviewed in 2017, now he can't stop spewing about his TRX crush during a Raptor review.
Did you watch the review? Same engine, completely unchanged from Gen 2. The non raptor purest won’t be able to quickly distinguish a Gen 2 from a Gen 3. Mostly unchanged to people that take the truck at face value, which 80% of drivers will.

the TRX brings a lot to the table, let’s hope the Raptor R is here to compete, looks like the Gen 3 (non R) isn’t.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I can’t stand that “auto journalist.” I seriously can’t believe he has so many YouTube followers. I’ve watched a few of his videos and will never watch another. Not even this one.

You aren't his target audience. He's not trying to appeal to the guys who already know all the details and work on their own vehicles. He gets that a lot of people are looking for some function and practicality as well as status, and not so much the details about various suspension. Generally, I think he takes a good point of view with these reviews. Certainly not the only review I'd want to look at though.

In this case though, I do think he missed a lot of important features and went into too much detail on some stuff that was already on the previous generation of F150s and Raptors. Way too much time spent on the tailgate step for example. At the same time though, he brushed over or didn't even mention heated/cooled seats, memory seats, auto wipers/lights. Yes, those aren't new either and don't need much explanation, but worth a mention for this sort of review.

GTTXRAP

Drill Baby Drill
Reaction score
Another worthless Doug review.

I do agree that Gen2 and 3 are probably pretty similar overall (yes new interior and other goodies)...and that R will be the one to have. TRX is sheet to me because it's over produced and no end in sight and can't tell difference on outside from every other cheap RAM.

R will be more exclusive and still prefer stance of Raptor over TRX in any flavor.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Another worthless Doug review.

I do agree that Gen2 and 3 are probably pretty similar overall (yes new interior and other goodies)...and that R will be the one to have. TRX is sheet to me because it's over produced and no end in sight and can't tell difference on outside from every other cheap RAM.

R will be more exclusive and still prefer stance of Raptor over TRX in any flavor.
Ummm I prefer Raptor, but the TRX is overproduced? Buddy - then what’s the Raptor? Equivalent to a fleet rental car!?!?

gen3 has slightly better exterior lighting & i like the 37” package, but otherwise visually/aesthetically I am convinced the gen2 exterior is more appealing & more rugged/aggressive looking. It makes me happy Ford didn’t deviate much from the previous generation exterior since I got a new 2020 less than a year ago lol

the new interior is nice but doesn’t really make a huge deal to me since I constantly have my truck full of crap kids dogs etc always getting messed up as long as it’s big & functional I’m good w/ that