Doug Demuro Gen3 Review.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
From a guy that has seen both in person next to one another. nope. it's very very easy to see the differences.

Right, because every time I see a TRX out on the street, there's always a Rebel right next to it.

This is the point. The difference are mild enough that if you don't have both right next to each other and/or are firmly aware of the differences, you won't tell them apart.

DFS

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Right, because every time I see a TRX out on the street, there's always a Rebel right next to it.

This is the point. The difference are mild enough that if you don't have both right next to each other and/or are firmly aware of the differences, you won't tell them apart.
Once people add a fake intake scoop and three marker lights to their rebels it's gonna be very tough to tell since width will be the primary difference....like Gen 2 conversions from a F150. Passes at quick glance, but that is it.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think you missed my point. I didn’t even watch the review. I’ve watched a few of his reviews before and he is the most annoying car reviewer I’ve ever seen. I literally can’t handle his voice, mannerisms, facial expressions etc. So while I’m not disagreeing he probably caters to the more uniformed buyer. I personally can’t and won’t watch any of his videos.

Well, you didn't really say why you didn't like the guy...I guessed wrong. I can understand why you don't like him, doesn't bother me as much though I can see why it bothers some.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Once people add a fake intake scoop and three marker lights to their rebels it's gonna be very tough to tell since width will be the primary difference....like Gen 2 conversions from a F150. Passes at quick glance, but that is it.

Exactly. And that's sort of a given considering that designers/engineers need to use a lot of 'base' parts from the main truck line in order to control costs.

Although I really don't think we will see that many Rams putting lights in the scoop.

spizike9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Because no one ever finds something they like more right.

The fact is the gen 1 to Gen 2 was a much more deep evolution than 2 to 3.
I love when people make this comment, yet the evolution you are talking about is esthetics. The Gen 3 has way more upgrades over the Gen 2 than the Gen 2 had over the Gen 1 as far as performance is concerned. The only one it didn’t get was the small engine bump like the Gen 2 did.

sammy134

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He had a fair point about Ford having a competitive advantage over Ram next year.

Ford will have the HO and the 5.2 Shelby to choose from. Their product planning need to smarten up and de-couple the 37 inch tire package from the useless recaro seat option.

However, Ram can also add 37s next year, and they could also stuff their 6.4L in the TRX to make it the same "price category" as the HO version of the raptor.

But, Ima be honest. The 37 package adds too much cost to the price where it is almost competing with the TRX, 5k cheaper. That should not be the case. The way the options are specced right now, the 37 performance package adds too much to cost and shouldnt be like this. 5k more you get the TRX... That's why my truck is 800A with the 35's.

No matter Ford or Ram, the Supercharged variant of the truck is in a different category.

spizike9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, you didn't really say why you didn't like the guy...I guessed wrong. I can understand why you don't like him, doesn't bother me as much though I can see why it bothers some.
Yeah, I didn’t say it but just figured people knew why. It wasn’t because he didn’t like the Raptor. Ha ha

spizike9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He had a fair point about Ford having a competitive advantage over Ram next year.

Ford will have the HO and the 5.2 Shelby to choose from. Their product planning need to smarten up and de-couple the 37 inch tire package from the useless recaro seat option.

However, Ram can also add 37s next year, and they could also stuff their 6.4L in the TRX to make it the same "price category" as the HO version of the raptor.

But, Ima be honest. The 37 package adds too much cost to the price where it is almost competing with the TRX, 5k cheaper. That should not be the case. The way the options are specced right now, the 37 performance package adds too much to cost and shouldnt be like this. 5k more you get the TRX... That's why my truck is 800A with the 35's.

No matter Ford or Ram, the Supercharged variant of the truck is in a different category.
You make a lot of good points right here.

ganooch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I didn’t say it but just figured people knew why. It wasn’t because he didn’t like the Raptor. Ha ha
Doug Demuro can been annoying and his mannerisms take some getting used to. Overall, I appreciate his thorough reviews, even if his voice grates on my nerves.

When I have him on the TV in the living room, my wife always shouts from the other room to "turn that Doug guy off", lol.