Doug Demuro Gen3 Review.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptorbegone

Reaction score
He is a bit of a kook. But I think his review is spot on, especially if you already have one of these trucks. Almost no reason to get a new one, unless you have 100k and just driven out the one you already have.

In fact, the only thing I really dig about the new one versus gen 2 is the larger center screen.
The raptor R price point will be interested, when it comes out in a year.

Raptorbegone

Reaction score
Another worthless Doug review.

I do agree that Gen2 and 3 are probably pretty similar overall (yes new interior and other goodies)...and that R will be the one to have. TRX is sheet to me because it's over produced and no end in sight and can't tell difference on outside from every other cheap RAM.

R will be more exclusive and still prefer stance of Raptor over TRX in any flavor.
overproduced=you mean popular. And so is the raptor.

Looks nothing like the ram rebel, which is the closest ram version to the trx. Super obvious differences.

37's. alright, not impressed. I like the 35's but don't see any reason to need more than that, it's not a rock crawler. The 37 decal looks ******* dumb.

I can appreciate the new rear end. Now in the real world will it make that much a difference? maybe a bit for on road manners. leaf springs remained in the rear of trucks for so long for a good reason.

RaptorFan1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Funny how a brand new suspension, available 37s from the factory, way more technology, an entirely new interior that is infinitely nicer than the outgoing one, and exterior updates (albeit little ones) are minimized because Ram has a v8 in their truck and Ford doesn't. Let's be real - all it's coming down to is the engine note and powertrain....

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looks nothing like the ram rebel, which is the closest ram version to the trx. Super obvious differences.

If you know what to look for, sure and look at it from the right angles, sure. However, if you haven't spent time picking out the differences, you aren't going to easily and quickly tell them apart.

Raptorbegone

Reaction score
If you know what to look for, sure and look at it from the right angles, sure. However, if you haven't spent time picking out the differences, you aren't going to easily and quickly tell them apart.
From a guy that has seen both in person next to one another. nope. it's very very easy to see the differences.

1. hood
2. front and rear quarter panels of the trx absolutely bulge way out. There is no angle this is not very obvious.
3. the marker lights front, rear

Basically the TRX looks as different from normal rams as the raptor looks from an average F150

mpd510

Reaction score
you sir are correct. I drive a Rebel with a 4" lift with 35's and I've been asked no less than 20 times over the last 6 months if it's the TRX.

spizike9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You aren't his target audience. He's not trying to appeal to the guys who already know all the details and work on their own vehicles. He gets that a lot of people are looking for some function and practicality as well as status, and not so much the details about various suspension. Generally, I think he takes a good point of view with these reviews. Certainly not the only review I'd want to look at though.

In this case though, I do think he missed a lot of important features and went into too much detail on some stuff that was already on the previous generation of F150s and Raptors. Way too much time spent on the tailgate step for example. At the same time though, he brushed over or didn't even mention heated/cooled seats, memory seats, auto wipers/lights. Yes, those aren't new either and don't need much explanation, but worth a mention for this sort of review.
I think you missed my point. I didn’t even watch the review. I’ve watched a few of his reviews before and he is the most annoying car reviewer I’ve ever seen. I literally can’t handle his voice, mannerisms, facial expressions etc. So while I’m not disagreeing he probably caters to the more uniformed buyer. I personally can’t and won’t watch any of his videos.