GEN 2 Correct replacement phasers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
so, to conclude, I feel confuse ... I still hope that 2020'S built after november 2019 have the good ones, mine is 02/20 , and actually , no cam phaser recall or update sotware...No more rattle noise at cold start ! I remember Fordtechone said Raptor who came after 11/19 have new design parts with udate program. Keep cross finger for it's still actual !
Mine was 3-13-20, so I'm good too. I did get the longest Ford warranty extension just in case something goofy happens. I love this truck and plan on keeping it a long time.

FordTechOne

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So both ours are pre parts change but is supposed to "prevent failure" by a software update?
They updated the part 3 times before it was determined that the calibration was causing premature wear. That’s why vehicles with the latest part level still need the new calibration.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think I’m going to skip my replacement. Truck has had the issue since 11k miles or so. At 38k now and it doesn’t do it every startup but i am so afraid of a botched job and side effects. I have zero issues besides the phasers but it doesn’t affect how it drives. I’m conflicted.

metalwhiz

Reaction score
I think I’m going to skip my replacement. Truck has had the issue since 11k miles or so. At 38k now and it doesn’t do it every startup but i am so afraid of a botched job and side effects. I have zero issues besides the phasers but it doesn’t affect how it drives. I’m conflicted.
Same here. Started rattling at around 14k and now at 28k. Can't bring myself to have it done, but I still might do it. Been looking for a 2020 later build to trade it in on to avoid the whole thing.

MtnTime

Reaction score
I apologize if I missed it having been asked/posted already. Has anyone here priced out the parts needed and assembled a “kit” that includes everything needed to accomplish this themselves, beyond that of the campaign list (often needed extras included). Possibly a dealer that offers this via their back counter website close to wholesale.

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is a real dilemma these days, even before Covid it was incredibly hard to find a $tealership that was worthwhile. Now it’s almost completely impossible! That whole more harm than good thing.