Air Conditioning - not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

greatone99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It does , and my fan runs super high when the ac is warm from the vents if its very hot . If the intercooler is blocking “cooler “ air? Im
Just surprised no one else is having this problem with all these guys running front mounts. I bet that the dealer wont want to even touch it with the intercooler on there.

And no the condenser receives a gas from the compressor and cools it to turn back into liquid .
yes . but u would need absolutely no airflow for it to remain a vapor, with the amount of people running intercoolers i would think more people would have this problem ,the condenser most likely subcools it only 10 degrees.next time u lose ac i would check to see if the high limlt switch is open,it must run in series with the compressor, a high limit would not remain open for very long as both sides equalize when compressor is off

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
yes . but u would need absolutely no airflow for it to remain a vapor, with the amount of people running intercoolers i would think more people would have this problem ,the condenser most likely subcools it only 10 degrees.next time u lose ac i would check to see if the high limlt switch is open,it must run in series with the compressor, a high limit would not remain open for very long as both sides equalize when compressor is off
Good call, actually i think when i lose ac I'm going to try to spray the condenser with a garden hose and if I get cooling back i will know there isn't a blockage.

greatone99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good call, actually i think when i lose ac I'm going to try to spray the condenser with a garden hose and if I get cooling back i will know there isn't a blockage.
guy i just talked with ,thinks the condenser dirty as well ,it can look clean ,but still be dirty, get some green clean or evap coil cleaner ,i would not use condenser coil cleaner to strong those fins r pro aluminum.clean it and hose it off .what year is the truck ? hopefully nothing is blocked or a bad metering device under the dash

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok update:

I forgot that I had replaced cabin air end of last summer to one of those amazon special activated charcoal 1” thick units.

Well I swapped it out this morning with a fram titanium unit from Advanced auto parts that was much closer to stock . Thinner , less restrictive , lighter weight.

Put it in and bang , nearly twice the airflow. And cooling was much closer to how It should be. We have 83 degrees and high humidity. I need to test it in 90 degree heat soak today. So far its looking like this might be what caused all this. When airflow moves slower across an evaporator a lot of crazy shit can happen to the system including lower suction and higher high side pressures.

Will update fingers crossed. I will be pissed if a 27 dollar amazon airfilter caused me to evac and recharge the ac system.

GaoKS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This happened to me on my '24 today. Fan speed max, virtually no air coming out. Luke warm. Came out from lunch, back to normal. Sounds like it'***** and miss right now?

Last edited: