2022 Ford F-150 Raptor R: "durability problems when turned up beyond 650 HP"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chainsaw

Ghost of a Raptor Owner
Reaction score
Most ppl in this thread only seem to be considered with HP and a V8 so I can only assume your trucks are mall crawlers to that I ask, why didn’t you get a SC Roush or Shelby F-150 from the get go?

Because I want the best possible on- and off-road capability together in a single vehicle, along with the utility of a truck.

What's wrong with that?

Chainsaw

Ghost of a Raptor Owner
Reaction score
It's all about beating the TRX in a wee wee measuring contest. Unfortunately I'm too poor to enter that contest.

Nah, there are plenty of folks I'm sure who missed having a V8 after the Gen 1 and would be plenty interested in the R, even if the TRX did not exist.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Most ppl in this thread only seem to be considered with HP and a V8 so I can only assume your trucks are mall crawlers to that I ask, why didn’t you get a SC Roush or Shelby F-150 from the get go?
That is a stupid question. A factory engineered truck is always going to be a way better vehicle and investment overall than any tuner stuff.

The V8 architecture is simply a result of the desired power level.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is the power ladder when it comes to Fords. Were are getting the top rung of the ladder in the top truck. Quit yer ********.

i4
V6
turbo i4
v8
turbo v6
s/c v8

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is the power ladder when it comes to Fords. Were are getting the top rung of the ladder in the top truck. Quit yer ********.

i4
V6
turbo i4
v8
turbo v6
s/c v8

That's oversimplifying it a bit, since there are several different TTV6. the 2.7V6 is at 325HP. 5.0V8= 400HP 3.5TTV6 = 450HP. And you left out the powerboost and lightning entirely.