2022 Ford F-150 Raptor R: "durability problems when turned up beyond 650 HP"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What if the "R" in the Raptor R stands for Rechargeable? Could the Raptor R be electric?

No. All rumors and such have pointed to a SC V8, and Ford reps have said that an electric Raptor doesn't make sense. And since the R and Lightning come out in 22, why would they keep R a secret?

Ford would be wise to wait a few years for customers to start accepting EVs in greater numbers. And I wouldn't call it the Raptor personally, I'd go with "F150 Lightning Raptor". That fits the name convention they seem to be going with , Since they currently have F150 Lightning XLT, F150 Lightning Lariat, etc. Raptor is technically a trim level.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What if the "R" in the Raptor R stands for Rechargeable? Could the Raptor R be electric?
Now why would all the links to the Raptor R that you have posted be about how awefull the v8 is going to be and now you’re thinking there is a possibility of it being Electric, lol. Post the link brother! :favorites37:

Steebo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As eric mentioned, it's not the powerplant but all the other supporting parts that get the power to the ground. The wheels and tires on a raptor are considerably heavier than those found on mustang. This introduced more torque to anything and everything between the wheel and motor (axles, half shafts, joints, transmission, transfer case, bearings/hubs) and note this is only for accelerating. Raptors are meant to be used offroad, more power means it's easier to carry speed. More speed means more suspension wear although we are speaking of a durability standpoint so the latter isnt the main issue.

RaptorVette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to know how the R is going to get traction. I have a tune, Deavers and RPG traction bars and I still get wheel spin in the dry. If the streets are wet I use 4A.

Kaz109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most ppl in this thread only seem to be considered with HP and a V8 so I can only assume your trucks are mall crawlers to that I ask, why didn’t you get a SC Roush or Shelby F-150 from the get go?