‘24 Raptor R door misalignment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GR8RAP

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I’m new to the forum. Just picked up my 2024 Raptor R yesterday and noticed a misalignment between the driver and rear passenger door. Quite noticeable from the driver’s side mirror when seated in the driver’s seat. Does this appear to be within factory specs or has Ford QA/QC been going sideways?

Attachments

• IMG_3257.jpeg
    IMG_3257.jpeg
    153.2 KB · Views: 16
OP
OP
G

GR8RAP

Reaction score
The Ford dealer does not do bodywork. Also need warranty approval from Ford first. Problem is I don’t see how they can fix it as the gaps around the top and sides of both doors look good. If you lift the driver’s door up a centimetre then the other gaps become inconsistent. Will swing by a body shop to get their thoughts. Just was wondering if this is misalignment is “normal”. The doors of other F150s I’ve looked at seem better aligned.

mprice1234

SVT Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, some better pictures of your Raptor door issue top, bottom etc. would be helpful. From what I can see it looks pretty bad and I wouldn't be happy with it. Also, a full picture of your Raptor so we know you are not in any way a Prius driver.

OP
OP
G

GR8RAP

Reaction score
Photos as requested. I’d walk before driving a Prius.

Attachments

• IMG_3262.jpeg
    IMG_3262.jpeg
    325.2 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3295.jpeg
    IMG_3295.jpeg
    214.7 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3294.jpeg
    IMG_3294.jpeg
    166.5 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3293.jpeg
    IMG_3293.jpeg
    171.3 KB · Views: 7

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
The Ford dealer does not do bodywork. Also need warranty approval from Ford first. Problem is I don’t see how they can fix it as the gaps around the top and sides of both doors look good. If you lift the driver’s door up a centimetre then the other gaps become inconsistent. Will swing by a body shop to get their thoughts. Just was wondering if this is misalignment is “normal”. The doors of other F150s I’ve looked at seem better aligned.
:facepalm:

I certainly hope you’re fortunate, but the time to take care of this is before you sign on the dotted line, not after the fact.
They may not have a body shop, but that sounds like a "their problem", not a “your problem”.

I literally just did this in July- flew to pick up my Dark Horse and found scratches on the hood. The stealership lot was dirt and gravel except for the showroom, which was the size of a large house. As soon as they drove the car out of the bay from washing and drying, it was covered in dust along with everything else they have. Stopped the papers and said it needs to be fixed and ok’d by me before signing anything. They didn’t have a body shop either. But they knew a guy. As I predicted, it buffed right out.

I’ve learned my lesson on “we owe” items. That gets done on your time at the stealership’s convenience. For 6 5 figures, they’d be doing it on their time.