‘24 Raptor R door misalignment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
G

GR8RAP

Reaction score
The dealer said no matter what Ford decides they’ll cover any cost to align the doors. They’ve been great as it’s the first R they’ve sold. They mostly specialize in HD trucks. Just wondering if this is a common issue or did I just get that one R built at 5pm on a Friday! They also sold me the truck at MSRP even though they had guys waiting in the wings who’d pay a markup. I had my deposit in since January 2022. I wanted the truck and don’t want to wait another year if I decided not to take this one because of that “relatively” unimportant misalignment. I also have a 2005 Mercedes G55 that I’ve rigged for off-road use and even though that truck is a 1973 design, the build quality is way superior to this Raptor. It’s too bad Ford can engineer such an outstanding vehicle yet drop the ball on the final inspection, especially at this price. Just a little more attention to detail can make all the difference

OP
OP
G

GR8RAP

Reaction score
A few more shots. That CG colour is truly outstanding

Attachments

• IMG_8753.jpeg
    IMG_8753.jpeg
    331.7 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_8760.jpeg
    IMG_8760.jpeg
    316.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_3241.jpeg
    IMG_3241.jpeg
    284.1 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_3242.jpeg
    IMG_3242.jpeg
    250.1 KB · Views: 8

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't think Ford is as good at stamping aluminum panels yet as they should be.

There needs to be more instutional knowledge, company wide in-house knowledge of the process doesn't exist yet, like it does with the stamping of steel panels.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hi Gr8, I have a factory ordered '20. When I went to pick it up, the hood was misaligned, as were the passenger doors. The front left corner of the hood was actually making very light metal to metal contact. The passenger doors had really wonky alignment. Like WTF kind of gaps. The dealer did not have a body shop. They sent it out to a nearby, quality body shop that they constantly use. All was good when they were done with it. It definitely bummed me out when I saw the screwed up door gaps and was pretty pissed there was actually contact on the hood corner, but it looked great when they were done. It's definitely upsetting to see your new truck like that though. :emotions122:

OP
OP
G

GR8RAP

Reaction score
Glad to see the body shop was an able to align everything for you. There’s hope all can be aligned properly then!