WSI, RPG and ICON present: The SnoBall 500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ms. MI Raptor

FRF Lady
FRF Lady
Reaction score
Should probably lube your locks and weather stripping before hand too.

Be very careful using the term "lube" around here... With guys like Shooter and McManus ya never know what their creative minds are going to come up with! :hmm:

What I am talking about is the guys with bed covers. It sucks when tailgate lock freezes and you can't get into the bed...

-Greg

Yeah - that happened to me yesterday and it sucked. But, my fault for cleaning the truck in 15* weather. Good word of warning though for anyone who may want to wash the salt off their trucks up here. I also use the windshield washers a little to get the water out of the lines if I've gotten the truck wet otherwise they freeze real quick and it just sucks having a windshield full of crap and frozen lines. (And yes, I do use the -30* fluid but when I wash the truck water gets in the nozzles and freezes.)

yeah i had my F1 freeze on me the other day. took alot of beating on it to get it open.

still havent gotten my ORV sticker yet.... gettin a lil worried. but i do have that ID card and a reciept of the sticker printed up. if the sticker doesnt get here in time, think those will keep me legal if i keep them in the truck?

I've had my ORV sticker since June and never put it on the truck. I've been all over on trails and just carry it with me. Honestly haven't ever been asked it.

Guess I'm going to have to re-activate my Facebook account for a short term!

Just defriend the annoying people and keep the raptor crew! :waytogo:

Chris's FX4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Be very careful using the term "lube" around here... With guys like Shooter and McManus ya never know what their creative minds are going to come up with! :hmm:
I originally was going to say rubber in place of weather stripping, but I didn't think that would end well. lol

That's interesting you have the freezing issue with your washers. I've never had that happen to mine up here, but better safe than sorry.

BramageDained

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yay work is over. truck is loaded. will be on the road at 6 am. first stop dayton ohio. woo hoo. good battery choice got mine yesterday.

Haha, that's where I stopped for the night. You might want to pick a hotel and call ahead and reserve a room if you haven't. It took me 4 tries to find one with an open room tonight.

As a warning to anyone coming from the south. The weather in northern KY/south OH is bad. There's a fairly wide band of freezing rain/sleet/snow that was going on tonight and into tomorrow morning atleast according to the local news here in Dayton, OH. Traffic was down to ~40-45 on the interstate. I passed quite a few cars that were in the ditch.

Ask me how I know...

IMAG0033.jpg

IMAG0034.jpg

IMAG0035.jpg

I sort of hope it doesn't melt off, it's cool looking.

I may have lost my ORV sticker, I can't find it.

Last edited:

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sweetest paint job yet.... Ice effect

---------- Post added at 11:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 PM ----------

I am planning to just buy one in MI somewhere....

Any Sporting good store, Meijer or Walmart. Got to sporting section and ask for an ORV permit

Chris's FX4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Oh, and Chris and Ms MI Raptor can atest. When you park your truck for the night, fold your wipers forward off the windshield.
Yep, although I only do it when I know things are going to freeze up over night or its going to snow bad.

Back into your parking spot as well at the hotels up here, if you can. The parking lots aren't the best layouts at some of the hotels in Houghton, and when the sleds starting taking over the lots it can get crazy. I'm sure a lot of you guys already do this anyway.