WSI, RPG and ICON present: The SnoBall 500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
:rotflmao:

I'm not much of a drinker anyways.

Chris, You are at Tech, that will all change......

Trust me :doublepuke:

---------- Post added at 01:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 PM ----------

Turtle Ridge?

-Greg

Turtle Ridge in a Raptor! The side steps and quarter panels will be tested there! I know the Ford / Roush guys went there to test a bit. Drummond Island would be tough on a Raptor. I go a couple times a year and would not want to take is on some of the state trails..... yet

Here is a trip my wife and I did a few years ago. 2700 miles...

2009Vacation1.jpg

Last edited:

Chris's FX4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Turtle Ridge?

-Greg
That's on Drummond Island right?

Chris, You are at Tech, that will all change......

Trust me :doublepuke:
Been here 3 years and it hasn't changed, but yeah some of buddies have falling victim to it. lol

Got an additional 4 inches of snow last night, so that brings the total to around 16 inches. It's the light and fluffy stuff too. Stopped snowing for a little bit and the sun is trying to come out.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shocks are in...woot!!! now got to get more argon, get aligned, paint rack... On a sad note my GF's boss hes a close friend got a call this morning his 25 year old son at school was dead... No details yet...

Chris's FX4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Turtle Ridge in a Raptor! The side steps and quarter panels will be tested there! I know the Ford / Roush guys went there to test a bit. Drummond Island would be tough on a Raptor. I go a couple times a year and would not want to take is on some of the state trails..... yet

Here is a trip my wife and I did a few years ago. 2700 miles...
How was the Blind 35 part of that trip in the Huron Mountains? Or did you guys take Northwestern Road? Run into any of those HMC security guards?

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Shoot I don't remember the road for sure. We went north out of Marquette to Big Bay, then just wandered our way to Mt. Arvon. Really not sure how we got there

Turtle Ridge is a Private ORV park on Drummond Island. You access the park through the Drummond Island Hotel and Resort. For a "smaller than Raptor" sized vehicle the state trails are awesome. Wouldn't be a bad Labor Day weekend trip for you and some buddies

Last edited:

Chris's FX4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's quite an adventure for sure then if you wondered your way over. It was probably Northwestern road or Triple A road through the Yellow Dog Plains. It's beautiful back up in there.

BIGt0007

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok I had same problem that a lot of you are havin, can't get those damn bed bolts out that are buried in the frame. The bolts closest to the cab came out no prob with a bit of PB Blaster. I tried to heat the stubborn ones but I just melted my linex around the bolts and they were still stuck. I had to figure out a way to get more tie downs in the bed.

It took a bit of frontier ingenuity but here is what i did!

I cut a thick piece of plywood to fit the bed. It's like 50" between the bolts closeest to the cab, so I cut the width out of the 8' and notch the plywood to fit between the wheel wells. I marked and drilled the bed bolt locations. I had to remove some of the thickness of the plywood to get the bolts started, so i drilled the hole with a 2" hole saw and chiseled out about 3/8 deep, and I shimmed under the bolts to make up for the ridges in the bed. The bed bolts cranked right in and held the top of the plywood down. When I took the rubber bumpers off the bed extender, it locks in and holds the bottom edge of the plywood down. Then I installed some u bolts to tie down the spare and, cans, just make sure to set the ubolts to fall on the grooves of the bed.

And look at me! I think I just made the first plywood bed rack! Who needs a welder! We will see how she holds up to the stress of off roadin! I hope this helps anybody with the same prob. Sorry for ****** cell pics
PM me any questions.
Carpe SnoBall!!
220825cf8c271522ebbe6907b82474b0.jpg
40bd2b413eb5f732896c6897918b05ef.jpg

d9955fc8985245b11fc497615e39f04a.jpg

666273c575b16fa2e740b3882b69d30e.jpg