What Tire Jack do you travel with on your 37?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jakerjaker19

Reaction score
Howdy, I want to replace the stock scissor jack on my 2023 with a better jack. I have a few questions. Im really looking for a capable jack that I can safely change a flat tire out on the road, nothing more for now. Im hopeful I dont need a huge 100lb 3 ton garage jack to lug around in the truck. My truck was a 35" and I replaced with 37" tires. Im afraid the stock jacks max height isn't enough once I moved to 37", it actually looks really puny under the truck. Whats a good max height for the 37's? And how necessary is carrying jack stands in addition to the jack for changing a flat?

Any feedback is appreciated.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Can you get the tire on without sitting down and using your legs for support? If not, a jackstand might not be a bad idea as you will have your feet/legs under there and the rotor could do some damage if it came off the jack at that point.

2slo4u

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you look the stock jack has an extension. Rumor has it was used successfully when Ford Performance was filming the R out at Swing Arm City.

I’ve used the stock jack to change a flat in Baja. I now carry a Badlands jack.

bakwaas4eva

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Howdy, I want to replace the stock scissor jack on my 2023 with a better jack. I have a few questions. Im really looking for a capable jack that I can safely change a flat tire out on the road, nothing more for now. Im hopeful I dont need a huge 100lb 3 ton garage jack to lug around in the truck. My truck was a 35" and I replaced with 37" tires. Im afraid the stock jacks max height isn't enough once I moved to 37", it actually looks really puny under the truck. Whats a good max height for the 37's? And how necessary is carrying jack stands in addition to the jack for changing a flat?

Any feedback is appreciated.
I'm looking for a good jack as well

RogueClimber

Captain Rob
Supporting Member
Reaction score

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I grabbed a bottle jack. I don't remember the brand, but it looks like the Powerbuilt 3-ton when I pull up images. Likely that's what it is. I figure that even cheap Chinese crap is better than the stock jack.

rgz

Reaction score
I grabbed a bottle jack. I don't remember the brand, but it looks like the Powerbuilt 3-ton when I pull up images. Likely that's what it is. I figure that even cheap Chinese crap is better than the stock jack.
I carry a powerbuilt as well. Nice solid wide base, lockouts, doubles as a stand, doesn't take up too much space. Has already came in handy when I slashed a sidewall out in the San Rafael Swell.

Attachments

• Snapchat-281157.jpg
    Snapchat-281157.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 89