What did you do to your Gen 3 today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

roger7254

Reaction score
Ke
Your videos are amazing. Ive been binging the titan V2 intercooler and the hot/cold pipe install videos. Doing both installs plus adding the turbosmart BOV on saturday. Side note - i contacted the local dealership regarding the heated steering wheel covid chip fix and my vin was a no go. Ended up calling nhtsa and going that route to try and get my vin added to Oasis. This is an option tho those whose vins are not in oasis.

Keep us update on the nhtsa route
Im having same problem with the dealer.

NickyF25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ke

Keep us update on the nhtsa route
Im having same problem with the dealer.
Same boat here. My 23MY was built 2/6/23…my local dealer wasn’t much help so in June had had about a 20 minute conversation with Ford customer service and ultimately they told me reason was my truck wasn’t built at Dearborn Plant, which is not correct. Finally they gave me the NHTSA phone number. Haven’t had time so far but will try that route to.

Last edited:
Reaction score
How hard/long did it take for the install? Planning to do the same, but was leaning towards the LP6’s. Any regrets not going with the LP6’s?
I think for the A pillars, the LP4s are plenty big enough and the LP6s might be too big up there. With the SPV kit and all the instructions John provides in his videos, the install was quite straightforward. He shows you how to access the wiring for the upfitter switches, which color wires go to which switch for your model year (2024 MY is different), and includes the connectors for those. The main harness neatly tucks up under the cowl, or you can run it up into the hood heat shield. Then it included connectors for the Baja lights themselves to the harness. Probably too me 1.5 hours in total, watching the videos, removing the battery and tray to gain easier access to the pre-run wiring. If you get those with the backlighting, there is a separate harness that taps into the marker lights.