What did you do to your Gen 3 today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

khildebr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SVC bump kit installed. The kit was just released so no instructions but it’s pretty straight forward. Ground down some of the frame welds that were protruding and painted. The band clamp on the passenger side exhaust needs to rotate but has a tack weld that needs to be ground to allow it. Also requires the brake line retaining bracket to be cut off on the axle. Otherwise pretty easy and straight forward but you’ll want 2 sets of hands to install as there’s a nut that is placed inside the frame rail.
Thanks for the write up and photos. I just received my set from SVC and and it’s very well built and impressive. However, they still have no instructions beyond a YouTube video which is helpful but leaves a lot to be desired (torque settings for all of the bolts would be useful). The install does appear to be fairly straightforward and your pictures resolved the mystery of which direction the mounts go (SVC badge to the rear). I always love getting a box that contains a bag of bolts and parts and no parts list or instructions or a list of tools required.

If you don’t mind me asking, I have a few questions. First, did you drop the spare to have more room to work and easier access to the crossmember? Second, it looks like I also need to grind down the OEM bump stop mounting points in addition to cutting free and relocating the brake line retaining bracket (would have been nice if they could have found a way to reposition the mount so you didn’t need to cut it up). Is that the case? Finally, the bag ‘o bolts they provided included two extended star bolts. Did yours come with those and where the heck do those go on the install? Thanks in advance.

Oh well, this looks like a job for cooler weather or just pay the shop to do the install and hope they get more out of the video. :)

Waterfowler41

Reaction score
Got a new channel sponsor (Extreme Online Store) and was able to knock out what I hope to be the first of many carbon fiber exterior part installs.

Attachments

• IMG_3908.jpeg
    IMG_3908.jpeg
    234.9 KB · Views: 103